Talk

Advanced search

What to buy an ex-partner?

(8 Posts)
ballroomblitz Sun 09-Dec-12 23:44:39

DD's dad and I broke up about 4 months ago. We are still friends and he will be over on Christmas day to see her and I know he's getting me presents. I know one is a photo album with photos he has of her and no doubt he will buy me something else.

I've bought him a diary so far as he is terrible at keeping to times we have agreed. Frequently a bone of contention between the two of us. What else can I get him? I don't want to spend too much on him either.

SolidGoldFrankensteinandmurgh Sun 09-Dec-12 23:47:25

Chocolate? Socks? Bottle of his preferred drink?

SolidGoldFrankensteinandmurgh Sun 09-Dec-12 23:50:04

Meant to add: I am not in a couple-relationship with my DS' dad, I usually buy him beer for Xmas and maybe some other odd item - this year I have got a Classic Cars calendar as he loves classic cars. He usually buys me beer and/or sometehing like a CD or a calendar as well.

FannyBazaar Sun 09-Dec-12 23:52:56

I'm not friends with my ex so I will give him back what he gave me for last Christmas. He will probably have forgotten anyway.

ballroomblitz Sun 09-Dec-12 23:55:57

Not much of a drinker although he does have the odd bottle of JD. I think my mum mentioned she is getting him that. Does have a sweet tooth and socks would be handy I think as I noticed the whopping big holes in his the other day. Really into movies but I haven't a clue what he has.

ChippingInAWinterWonderland Sun 09-Dec-12 23:56:57

Books, DVD, alcohol, jumper, anything for the kitchen if he's that way inclined, something for the car/garden - I would stay away from underpants/socks/aftershave - anything too personal.

PS: The diary might not be a great idea?! A bit 'touche' don't you think?

ballroomblitz Mon 10-Dec-12 00:01:09

grin FannyBazaar he's already got back my Christmas present from last year - my engagement ring.

He knows I'm getting him a diary Chipping and laughed about it. He has dyspraxia so is continually missing appointments and getting wrong times, not just with me.

Feckthehalls Mon 10-Dec-12 00:16:46

a fancy version of whatever he likes to eat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now