Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarian Christmas hamper

(5 Posts)
prettypurpledaisy Sat 08-Dec-12 18:56:39

I would like to buy my Aunt a Christmas hamper as she has been housebound for the last 6 months and wont be able to get out to get her own treats. Where can I find a vegetarian hamper? M&S have a Christmas one but I am not sure if it is suitable for vegetarians, I have emailed a question to them but had no reply.
All suggestions will be welcome.

acsec Sat 08-Dec-12 19:01:36

Does she like to cook and does she like Italian food? Oil and Vinegar do lovely hampers - you can choose the items you want and they hamper them up for you (for want of a better phrase)

chelseamorning Thu 13-Dec-12 13:17:01

What a lovely, thoughtful idea!

Where does she live? Our local deli offers and ships hampers - here and and here. Is there something similar near her who would be willing to create a hamper and deliver directly?

Woodifer Thu 13-Dec-12 14:03:34

Cheese cheese cheese! Are most cheeses vegetarian (i.e. non-rennet) these days? - maybe find out which she likes.

Then crackers and chutneys.

What meat based stuff is usually in hampers - potted meat??

prettypurpledaisy Sat 15-Dec-12 12:03:59

Thanks for the replies, I went into M&S and got their Christmas one and a very lovely assistant checked all the contents were suitable for vegetarians. So she will have a Christmas cake and all the lovely things she can't get for herself. Bless her she is Brighton way and I am in Kent (with driving anxiety) so cant get to see her before.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: