Talk

Advanced search

secondhand rolex for DH

(7 Posts)
Libertymae Sat 08-Dec-12 14:18:23

Hi everyone
I have been saving to buy DH a rolex for christmas - budget only stretches to secondhand!
I just wondered if anyone else had ever bought a vintage Rolex online and if they had any recommendations for where to buy from or where to avoid (again online) ? I'd prefer to buy from a jewellers than ebay.

Thanks very much
BL

Bertrude Sat 08-Dec-12 18:13:39

Prestons of Bolton have a second hand watches department - all are properly documented and above board.

Their website is www.prestonsdiamonds.co.uk not sure if you can buy the watches online but someone there would be able to help over the phone.

as the wife of a watch geek who is from Bolton and has spent many hours browsing the shop I recommended I would be very careful about buying online if you don't know of the retailer as there are some extremely good fakes around which take a lot of knowledge to know the difference. As a minimum when using, make sure you see proofs of purchase with serial numbers which you can also check with the police to ensure that it hasn't been registered as stolen preciously, and check with Rolex to ensure authenticity.

Libertymae Sun 09-Dec-12 20:24:18

Thank you for your reply, Bertrude, that's really kind. Anyone else got any recommendations?

Maraki Sun 09-Dec-12 20:50:09

We bought two warches from watchfinder. Really good service and trustworthy, no fakes.

Themilkybarisonme Mon 10-Dec-12 01:09:48

I know someone who bought one from eBay for her son's 21st and was understandably upset when she took it to a jeweller to have the strap shortened and they told her immediately that it was a fake. I'd write eBay off altogether, personally.

OldBagWantsNewBag Mon 10-Dec-12 01:48:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Libertymae Mon 10-Dec-12 12:19:29

Thanks to you all for replying - really helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now