Talk

Advanced search

What colours have you decorated your trees?

(50 Posts)
LiquidLunch Fri 07-Dec-12 14:30:38

We have two trees.

Both up and bare hmm

Have lots of decorations.

Have gold, silver, red, green, blue, pink and purple decorations. A few black and bronze too.

What do you all have on your trees? Inspiration required grin

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Fri 07-Dec-12 14:33:47

ours has black and silver/white decorations plus some silver and black tinsel. It has multi-coloured flashing lights.

keely79 Fri 07-Dec-12 14:35:31

Going for a jewel theme this year - lots of hot pink, purple, rich green, turquoise, feathered birds. All my DD's favourite things (as a three year old, she's a bit of a magpie)

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Fri 07-Dec-12 14:42:20

No tinsel just white lights and red and gold decorations.

Dsc have a tree in their room which has multi coloured lights, purple and black tinsel and all different coloured decs, it looks like an explosion in a colour factory.

MrsJingleBells74 Fri 07-Dec-12 14:43:49

I like multi-coloured, unthemed trees with so many decorations thrown at them you can barely see the tree grin

MyMamaToldMe Fri 07-Dec-12 14:57:12

Lots of red and creams on our tree - think Scandi!

EwanHoHoHozami Fri 07-Dec-12 14:59:14

mine looks like the poundshop threw up over it.

waitingforastartofall Fri 07-Dec-12 15:51:21

Mine too, the kids did it all. Is what I imagine elf vomit to look like

DewDr0p Fri 07-Dec-12 16:33:26

Not up yet but the big tree will be red silver and white.

Kids tree is every colour under the sun and a lot of the decs are handmedowns/homemade. Lots of tinsel.

PinkFairyTaleOfNewYork Fri 07-Dec-12 16:40:43

White, pink and some silver smile

LittlemissChristmas Fri 07-Dec-12 16:46:10

Ours is white lights with red and gold decorations no tinsel.
Not a huge tree so would look stupid with too much on.
As a child my parents always had a huge tree with loads of different coloured decorations and tinsel, lots of home made decorations as well from school etc. I loved it!

FredWorms Fri 07-Dec-12 17:03:24

I really, really cannot bear themed decorations. I do not want my home to look like some bleddy shop window display. I like the hotchpotch look.

So I spose the answer to OP is "every colour imaginable".

41notTrendy Fri 07-Dec-12 17:08:29

Themed Christmas trees are just plain wrong.
We bought a load of cheap baubles when we moved in together and over the last 12 years have gradually replaced them with beautiful baubles, I buy one or two a year at garden centres/craft fairs. All different colours, shapes, sizes. And lots of tinsel garlands and that stringy stuff to make it twinkle. And a set of white lights and a set of multi coloured lights.
It always looks beautiful. IMHumbleO.
And it always has to be a real tree. I know it's Christmas when the house smells of pine smile

ChestyNutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Fri 07-Dec-12 17:17:17

Fibre optic tree here with red and gold decorations.

Fancy a change next year, silver sounds nice.

12ylnon Fri 07-Dec-12 17:18:01

We don't theme. We have loads of decorations that my mum and MIL made, glass baubles, popcorn and cranberry 'tinsel', off white lights and the creepiest fairy on top (my brother's old doll wearing a fairy outfit that he and my mum made, it freaks DP out smile ) It probably doesn't look very fancy, but all of the decorations have sentimental value and we love it.

Whistlingwaves Fri 07-Dec-12 17:23:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ObiTheChristmasWan Fri 07-Dec-12 17:24:19

I'm thinking of naming our tree 'Joseph'.

He is sporting decorations in every known colour and style. There are coloured lights, and even tinsel.

It is as far removed from a themed tree as is possible. grin

Whistlingwaves Fri 07-Dec-12 17:24:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

waitingtobeamummy Fri 07-Dec-12 17:30:18

Ours is red and hold but not on purpose....just the majority of the decorations we have collected over the years.

amillionyears Fri 07-Dec-12 17:30:46

tasteless colours !

HoHoHokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 07-Dec-12 17:33:53

One has red, white and some green decorations/baubles - no tinsel.

The other has silver and teal decorations (to match dining room) no tinsel.

HoHoHokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 07-Dec-12 17:34:21

Oh and clear, warm lights on both.

NotWankinginaWinterWonderland Fri 07-Dec-12 17:40:11

One is having white lights no tinsel (yet)

One is having coloured flashing (various flashing patterns) lights and everything on it that can be put on a tree, i is not up yet DC made me promise not to put it up without them here, I am also not allowed a tree up if it is pre 12 days before Christmas (BAD LUCK) hmm

TheCountessOlenska Fri 07-Dec-12 17:46:41

No theme really but bright, jewel colours as that's what I like. Quite a lot of Grisela Graham things .. . multi colour lights (white lights just not Christmas grin ) No tinsel!

mrsEbruce Fri 07-Dec-12 18:02:44

Clear lights, red and silver decorations, change my colour scheme every year and NO tinsel i hate the stuff lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: