Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What are you getting your 10ish year old boys?

(16 Posts)
WizardofOs Fri 07-Dec-12 14:22:12

I have been looking at DS1's list and it is mostly DS games. He has also asked for a microscope which I have got him but I would like to get him an actual toy too.

Any of something good that he can't use to injure or torment his younger siblings?

CleansLate Fri 07-Dec-12 14:28:01

My DS just turned 11 and really likes www.amazon.co.uk/Looney-Labs-001LOO-Fluxx/dp/192978001X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354890415&sr=8-1 fluxx

Am also getting him some lego ninjago which he's probably a bit old for but enjoys fiddling with

And a basic electronics kit/potato battery thing.

AuntieShirley Fri 07-Dec-12 14:36:30

Ds will be 10 four days before Christmas.
I have found him really hard to give to this year!
He is getting (for birthday and Xmas)
lots of Lego Ninjago
Hobbit Lego
DSi and a few games
Magnetic dart board
Shark book and a book called MAneaters (true stories of man eating animals! I loved it as a child and found one in USA )
New Wimpy Kid book
Magic8 ball
Rush Hour game
skateboard
Uno
art supplies
clothes
Hobbit graphic novel

and will probably get a football kit too.

WizardofOs Fri 07-Dec-12 14:37:40

Thanks CleansLate. That game looks good. Lego annoys me as he makes it and then it ends up broken up in a big tub or scattered to the four winds...bah humbug!

WizardofOs Fri 07-Dec-12 14:39:12

He rush hour and it is really good. Looks like lego it most popular. Maybe I should stop being so po-faced about the scattering of it and finding it everywhere!

LoonvanBoon Fri 07-Dec-12 14:42:09

My ds (10) is getting lots of books & DVDs, wooden Pentago game (got Qwirkle for recent b-day & loves that too), air power soccer disk, sound machine, mookie lolo ball, hexbug ant, lego. Thought about remote control helicopter too as there are some that get good reviews on amazon & aren't too expensive, but not sure about that.

We3NipplesOfVoldiesWeAre Fri 07-Dec-12 17:25:33

Ds(10) has a stunt scooter, some lego books and a deck teck scate park with 4 deck techs (little finger scateboards that you do tricks with) and that's it up to now.

I'm looking for a watch, but I'm at a loss what else to get.

VioletStar Fri 07-Dec-12 17:30:38

If he's into building stuff there's a Haynes build a model combustion engine which we've got for 10 yr old DS. Off amazon (sorry)

berri Fri 07-Dec-12 17:33:59

I just ordered this for my nephew, good discount too!

tablet

Taffeta Fri 07-Dec-12 17:41:47

DS ( 9) 's main gift is the family gift - the Wii U. He will want FIFA for it and will be getting money from relatives so will buy that shortly after.

Have also got him:

MIB3 DVD
Football annuals
Football books
Mr Stink book
New Wimpy Kid book
Nike socks
Nike scarf
Nike top x 2
Nike ankle guards
Loads of stationery, pens etc
Watch ( cheap )
Torch ( cheap )

dementedma Fri 07-Dec-12 21:21:26

DS nearly 11 is getting:
Nerf gun
Hexbug
Rat burger book by David Walliams
Halo 4 for Xbox
The Hobbit book
Outdoor survival guide
CD by FUN
Bits and bobs

WizardofOs Sun 09-Dec-12 09:27:18

Thanks everyone. I made my mind-up in the end.

Now just need to tackle the husband's presents.

toomuchchristmaspudding Sun 09-Dec-12 09:30:28

Some really good suggestions there, thanks.

dementedma Sun 09-Dec-12 09:36:15

Ds just received a brilliant gift from my sil - which he was allowed to open. A woolly hat with integral heaphones so he can listen to his MP3 player without having to wear uncomfy earphones

chocolateicecream Sun 16-Dec-12 21:09:25

Bump

SpringSunshine Mon 17-Dec-12 14:30:09

Thanks all good ideas here Have ordered the air power saoccer disk and magnetic dart board for DS (10). He has been watching the darts with me recently so should be fun to play togetehr and we have hard floors througout downstairs plus he loves footie so that looks fab!

Have also got him the last 2 Gladiator books (he loves these and has the first 2) plus a new Man U football as his has split after lots of service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now