Talk

Advanced search

christmas day hangover?

(10 Posts)
baileysontherocks Thu 06-Dec-12 17:14:58

do you get wasted on christmas eve and have a hangover the next day?

how do you cope with the dc?
how do you manage to get out of bed?
aren't you snappy all day?
how do you cook dinner?

i need to know survival tips as i can only have one or two drinks on christmas eve as i couldn't cope the next day lol smile

trueblood1fan Thu 06-Dec-12 17:16:14

just top up when feeling grumpy :-)

ObiTheChristmasWan Thu 06-Dec-12 17:36:47

I don't get hangovers. I think I must have developed an unhealthy tolerance to alcohol grin

I don't suppose that being blind drunk on Christmas Eve would be much fun, but my children still believe in FC, so being anything than stone cold sober is just too risky.

Would also look vair bad, staggering into mass at midnight.

Seriously, I can't imagine many actual grown-ups getting so 'wasted' that they couldn't function the next day, especially if the next day was Christmas.

RedGreenRouge Thu 06-Dec-12 17:41:52

I don't get drunk on Christmas Eve any more. I can't wake up at dawn if I'm hungover and that would ruin Christmas morning. Drunkenness gets saved for New Year.

SantaJaxx Thu 06-Dec-12 17:48:25

I don't get drunk on Christmas Eve anymore either, getting up at 5am for the last 10 years has put a stop to that (learnt my lesson the hard way). hmm I usually just have 1 glass of wine or a beer and then go to bed early. <boring smilie>

gregssausageroll Thu 06-Dec-12 17:58:34

I'd rather not drink on Christmas Eve. I couldn't bear filling ill on the day and ruining it for family.

Beaverfeaver Thu 06-Dec-12 18:51:07

It's ok, because the Christmas Eve bender lasts through until 27th which is when the hangover kicks in, and by that time everyone is nackered and happy to have a rest

Doshusallie Thu 06-Dec-12 18:54:13

I have a few drinks but make sure I deploy hangover preventative measures before going to bed.

I made nigella's red Christmas cocktails last Christmas eve, which no-one else wanted so ended up having 2. Hangover prevention failed, and felt like hell all Christmas day. Never again.

helpyourself Thu 06-Dec-12 19:04:34

I don'tdruidk at all, but when I did, I'd just top up on Christmas day morning, with weissbier or champagne. I'm an alcoholic, so perhaps not the best person to advise.
Or the very best- if you're planning and worrying about drinking...

helpyourself Thu 06-Dec-12 19:06:16

don'tdruidk= don't drink blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now