Talk

Advanced search

Skylanders confusion - please help!

(6 Posts)
PandaWatch Thu 06-Dec-12 12:06:03

One of my DNs loves Skylanders and is getting the Skylanders Giants stater kit for Christmas from my parents. I've seen you can get additional figures as well and was thinking of getting something for him as a an extra present.

So my question is - if your DCs have had a skylanders pack, is it worth getting any additional figures on top? And if so, are there any of the new ones that are particularly popular?

TIA! thanks

dishwashervodkaanddietirnbru Thu 06-Dec-12 12:10:20

my ds is also getting the skylanders giants starter set and we are getting extra figures as well as different figures are for different elements and can apparently unlock different bits of the game

www.skylanders.com/giants/showcase

jojane Thu 06-Dec-12 12:10:33

Definitely worth getting figures on top, my son is constantly asking for more! He as the spyros adventure at the moment but have got him giants for Xmas. Any figure would be ok,

PandaWatch Thu 06-Dec-12 12:12:33

Ok great thanks! Now to choose... grin

MaryBS Thu 06-Dec-12 12:13:48

Yes, get extra figures on top. The other giants are worth considering, althought they cost more, but they do more in the game. Tesco do a special edition Granite Crusher, same prices as normal Crusher, but a little bit different. Try to get figures with different "special elements" as you need different elements to unlock certain areas, eg air, fire, water, undead. DS especially wanted Pop Fizz, but I don't know if that is generally a more popular one.

Boggler Thu 06-Dec-12 12:16:10

Yes definitely you'll need extra figures. The game is a bit of a con and a money making scheme for its makers. Basically you need different figures with different skills to enter different parts of the game. It's a real pain as it works out very expensive but it's slightly better value to get the triple packs - Asda have them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now