Talk

Advanced search

My Christmas tree wont drink

(3 Posts)
abigboydidit Thu 06-Dec-12 09:20:27

Okay - so after much pestering, DH agreed that we can have a real tree for the 1st time ever (he does the hoovering so was grumpy about the added work!). I've never had one before, so we got it on Sunday and had it in the stand before it occurred to me to check how to care for it..

So it seems I omitted the key step! Cutting a few inches off the bottom sad. I had a quick google yesterday and it seemed like drilling a few holes into the stump (below water level) might do the trick so we did that last night but the water is still standing this morning.

Have I ruined my tree? Will I end up with a twig before Christmas day? All tips appreciated but unfortunately taking it out of the stand to trim the base isn't an option anymore [bitter].

Thanks in advance!

Boggler Thu 06-Dec-12 09:25:42

I wouldn't worry we have had trees in the past that have guzzled water and others where barely any was used. I think a lot depends on how fresh the tree was when you bought it. My husband's really lazy and never saws the trunk and we don't get much needle drop at all, so don't worry m sure your tree will be fine. smile

abigboydidit Thu 06-Dec-12 09:30:09

Oh thank you! I am partly worried because the tree meant so much to me (I am childish and proud!) but also because I couldn't bear DH's whingeing if it dropped all it's needles blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now