Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you have for breakfast on Christmas morning

(242 Posts)
nappyaddict Tue 04-Dec-12 22:43:08

Cant decide between

bacon, eggs, sausages, leftover ham if we have that christmas eve, black pudding, grilled cherry plum tomatoes

Or scrambled egg and smoked salmon

Or omelettes.

Have heard of people having duck and quail eggs. Do you have them fried, poached or scrambled?

Selks Sun 23-Dec-12 22:27:40

Bagels with nutella or cheesy crumpets, orange juice and fresh coffee.

HowAboutCleveland Thu 28-Sep-17 14:15:10

Croissants and festive shaped crumpets are a favourite in our house

Gammeldragz Thu 28-Sep-17 14:29:49

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on muffins for DH and DCs. Bacon for me.

queenofthedump Thu 28-Sep-17 14:42:41

Cinnamon rolls in the slow cooker.

EllieMArroway Thu 28-Sep-17 14:46:15

Sausage, bacon, eggs, fried bread (big treat) and baked tomatoes on the vine (Eggs Benedict for MIL) - plus Nigella's Christmas muffins, croissants, savoury cake, toast with various jams & marmalades, Buck's Fizz and posh Christmas coffee.

It's loads but we don't sit down to dinner till 5, so works for us.

MiddlingMum Thu 28-Sep-17 14:47:45

Satsumas and chocolate.

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Thu 28-Sep-17 15:18:39

Bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese - for the adults.
And very likely Buck's Fizz if it's more like brunch- than breakfast time. But we don't have Chr. dinner till around 5 - less of a rush for the cook. At least that's what we've done for adult/older children Christmases - might be different now with very little ones.

millifiori Thu 28-Sep-17 15:24:24

Bucks fizz and smoked salmon with scrambled egg bagels. And loads of coffee.

FinallyHere Thu 28-Sep-17 15:37:09

Me: vintage champagne, sex

DH: cup of tea, vintage champagne, sex

Family due for lunch, we are all going out (walking distance, bliss)

It is Christmas, after all.

ProfessorCat Thu 28-Sep-17 15:46:09

Fry up. We don't eat Christmas Dinner until about 5pm when it starts to get dark as we like the atmosphere with candles and lights. After a huge fry up and chocolates etc, we aren't hungry until then anyway.

MyPatronusIsABadger Thu 28-Sep-17 15:54:02

queen wait......what? Slow cooker cinnamon rolls? Mmmmm

Off I trot to Pinterest

NotAPuffin Thu 28-Sep-17 16:46:45

Bucks fizz and toasted zombie threads grin
<follows MyPatronusIsABadger to find out about slow cooker cinnamon rolls>

Unicorn81 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:44:18

Belgian waffele with whipped cream and some sort of topping with a big mug of hot choc or coffee

Unicorn81 Thu 28-Sep-17 20:44:36

Waffle

Xenadog Thu 28-Sep-17 21:52:57

Always pork pie and pickle!

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Thu 28-Sep-17 22:14:24

Baked French toast (prepped the night before and left in fridge) with bacon and maple syrup. With Buck's Fizz.

Crumbs1 Thu 28-Sep-17 22:37:11

Chocolate in bed. Then fruit salad and yogurt that I'd made on Christmas Eve plus toast if people want. It's not a lingering meal as Church is at 10am.

Crumbs1 Thu 28-Sep-17 22:38:54

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo please tell me about baked French toast. Mine all love French toast /poor man's doughnuts it but it does make the house smell.

TiesThatBindMe Thu 28-Sep-17 22:40:58

Tinned fruit, yoghurt, croissants, crackers and cheese and coffee.

ladymariner Thu 28-Sep-17 23:37:28

Sausage rolls and bucks fizz.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Fri 29-Sep-17 07:52:13

Crumbs1 - there are looking of slightly different recipes online but basically butter an oven proof fish, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon, layer the dish with bread (I usually break into chunks - sourdough is good, as is think white). Which together eggs, milk, pinch of sugar and pour over. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top. Leave in fridge overnight then bake in oven in morning. Takes half an hour or so.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Fri 29-Sep-17 07:53:45

thick white, not think!
**whisk, not which!

Flumplet Fri 29-Sep-17 07:55:26

Oof a nice fried egg and mushroom sandwich on fresh crusty white bread with loads of ketchup. And/or hot pain au chocolate washed down with a lovely cup of tea.

Can’t wait!!

HolgerDanske Fri 29-Sep-17 07:57:33

We keep it very simple and easy. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon on german/scandi grain bread, croissants or similar, and Buck's Fizz.

HolgerDanske Fri 29-Sep-17 08:04:47

This year I want to have Pandoro with breakfast rather than pastries.

We keep breakfast light(ish), then we have a cheese, ham and pate spread for a late lunch, with ales to go with it, plus mince pies etc on standby throughout the day.

We have our dinner quite late, around five or six.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now