Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Inspiration needed for my 2 year old daughter

(8 Posts)
EEWardle Tue 04-Dec-12 12:47:43

She loves to open presents so I am thinking buy her more small things than something big but as she is my first child I am struggling for inspiration. Can anyone suggest things your children have enjoyed?

BahSaidPaschaHumbug Tue 04-Dec-12 12:52:17

What about some happyland or pretend kitchen/shop stuff where you take it all out the box and wrap each piece/character individually?

GoldenHandshake Tue 04-Dec-12 12:54:35

Pack of crayons
Schleich animal figures
Happyland figures/small sets
Small board books
Toothbrush (Asda do ones for £1 that light up to time your teeth brushing)
Character socks (poundland are usually good for these)

CagneyNLacey Tue 04-Dec-12 12:58:56

Well my daughter is just turning two and we have got her a few things as she also likes to open presents. We've got her some sort of barking toy dog that walks a bit (I think!), a cuddly dinosaur, a few books, some crayons and colouring books, a tea set and and a doll.

I gave her the doll a few days ago as I was a bit excited about it. She loves it so much that i am not allowed to hold it, look at it or apparently buy any little outfits for it. I know this last bit as I gave her a new outfit for it and she cried so much she was almost sick and then she sobbed as she stuffed it back in the bag it came in. Two year olds are funny but INSANE apparently.

Kirstoll Tue 04-Dec-12 13:16:22

Haha Cagney - My DD is exactly the same! I tried to put a lead on this little snuggly dog thing she has, and she went BALLISTIC. I mean properly wailing, causing neighbours to come out of the house to see the child being attacked type wailing. Needless to say the dog is walking around lead-less... child 1, mummy 0

EEWardle Tue 04-Dec-12 13:35:20

Thanks - that's really helpful.
They are indeed random as you say - we have 2 dolls - one that she loves and one that she absolutely hates!

SomebodySaveMe Tue 04-Dec-12 15:30:13

I've also wrapped up cheap plastic cooking utensils such as a ladle and a masher

BeaWheesht Tue 04-Dec-12 16:07:07

My 2 year old dd is getting

Play food
Mr tumble wooden puzzle
Sponge so she can pretend to do dishes
Small teddy
Wooly the spider toy
Happy land figures
Wash mitt
Bath squishy toys
Bath bomb
Slippers but I gave her them already smile
Zhu zhu hamster
Upsy daisy costume

Plus bigger stuff but that's not what you asked! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now