Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are you buying a Christmas present for your cm?

(11 Posts)
IcouldstillbeJoseph Mon 03-Dec-12 19:24:37

just wondering whether it's the done thing....
I've got her a couple of thank you gifts over the past year for helping me out etc but I was planning on a Christmas gift....

bamboostalks Mon 03-Dec-12 19:26:34

Absolutely. She is high on my list. Always give vouchers. She is truly lovely and has never let me down once in five years.

Eskarina Mon 03-Dec-12 19:28:21

Definitely yes, but no idea what. I want it to be something significant but not showy iyswim, as she's been fabulous with dd (15 months) since we started with her 3 months ago. I think she'd be embarrassed by vouchers though as its a known amount. Need to get my thinking cap on. Will probably buy her boys a selection box each.

iloveholidays Mon 03-Dec-12 19:32:35

I have, done vouchers, body shop gift pack in the past. This year have gone for Molton brown hand cream.

VioletStar Mon 03-Dec-12 19:39:09

if you give vouchers - how much do you give?

I usually give wine from me and DH and gift eg bracelet or candle-y stuff from kids plus chocs to share with the family.

CountryBelle Mon 03-Dec-12 20:09:42

Whats a cm?!?

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Mon 03-Dec-12 20:10:44

Childminder

2anddone Mon 03-Dec-12 21:16:02

I have got mine a tinkerbell ornament she collects also get the family a box of chocolates. In the past have done Ticketmaster vouchers and jewellery

Yes. Ds has only been with her for 2 weeks and I was so worried about leaving him but he's settled with her brilliantly. He's very clingy and she happily carries him around and has made a huge effort to make him comfortable. He really loves going there already so I'll be getting her a lovely gift smile

brainonastick Mon 03-Dec-12 21:43:24

God yes, I love give her more than my family! She is ace and the dcs love her to bits, been there almost 5 years. I try to get something personal for her, plus chocs and booze for the rest of her family, who are also great with the kids.

BlastOff Mon 03-Dec-12 21:48:08

Yes, I did when we had a CM. I bought her a Boden scarf and a voucher for a spa off the top of my head. There must have been some other things but can't remember what they are. I'm planning on buying our nanny a White Stuff voucher this year, probably about £50-60. She is amazing (as was our cm) and both have been/are integral to our family, so I want them to feel appreciated. (And I tell them thank you a lot too!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now