Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any good ideas / gadgets for displaying Xmas cards?

(16 Posts)
VenetiaLanyon Mon 03-Dec-12 13:57:17

Got fed-up last year with the confetti effect when anyone walked past the cards on the bookshelves and mantelpiece...

Loulousmummy Mon 03-Dec-12 14:25:29

This year I'm getting that stuff that sticks to the walls without causing any damage. Can't remember what it's called, I'm sure I saw it in B and Q.

ChristmasCountdown Mon 03-Dec-12 14:28:24

Loulousmummy - a word of caution. I got sticky stuff like that from Lakeland and it took a chunk of paint off! Remove it very gently! I had used it for a few years without incident before that.

ByTheWay1 Mon 03-Dec-12 14:30:45

We use the 3M Command decorating clip things - you press them onto the wall (pull the tab to get them off - even wallpaper) then we tie ribbon from them and use those fancy mini pegs to hang the cards from a corner from the ribbon - either hang the ribbon down the wall, or use 2 clips and do it across (depends how many cards we get..) or we randomly sticky tape them to the back of the living room door sometimes too (especially the kids little ones - looks nice...)

puddock Mon 03-Dec-12 14:36:03

My mum pins up a big piece of green mesh (I think it's called pea and bean netting) on one wall. Cards with a horizontal fold just slot in, cards with vertical folds or unusual shapes get attached with a mini clothes peg.

JuliaScurr Mon 03-Dec-12 15:53:36

Assuming you can pin without damage - stretch thread/wool/string between across the wall, slot cards over. Only 2 little pin hole places to find

Gooeyhead Mon 03-Dec-12 19:55:10

Pin boards?

AlohaMama Mon 03-Dec-12 20:05:20

Following my mum's example, ribbons (she pins them vertically from the cornice to teh skirting board, I just find places to hang them or do them horizontally between pictures), and then paperclips them on. I've bought mini gold clothes pegs this year to peg them on.

Prizepudding Mon 03-Dec-12 20:06:15

I want one of these

www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/christmas-tree-card-holder-273797?cm_mmc=shopping-_-google_shopping-_-%3CChristmas+Tree+Card+Holder%3E-_-%3C1000031669%3E

lostinindia Mon 03-Dec-12 20:15:11

Prize I used to have one of them. It was crap. The cards kept falling out of it. It ended up in the bin.

lostinindia Mon 03-Dec-12 20:15:11

Prize I used to have one of them. It was crap. The cards kept falling out of it. It ended up in the bin.

Crikeyblimey Mon 03-Dec-12 20:20:57

I have never got this right. Had one of those tree things - crap.

My mum had a lovely branch painted White with loads of twigs on it. She suspended it from the ceiling in the corner of the room (bloody big room) or in the sunlounge. We then threaded cotton through the corner of the cards and hung them from the twigs. It always looked amazing. She had more style and patience than me though.

VenetiaLanyon Tue 04-Dec-12 12:17:56

thanks all; shame the tree thing doesn't work, quite liked the look of that...
Might try to get arty with some ribbon.

ja9 Tue 04-Dec-12 12:20:25

I pin a length of ribbon which reaches from ceiling to floor and then staple cards onto it as they arrive. Lovely long strips of cards around the downstairs of the house.

bedmonster Tue 04-Dec-12 12:42:08

Having tried and failed with loads of gadgets, I know read and recycle. Hate the clutter anyway, and the kids put a couple of theirs up in the their rooms but none downstairs.
But I don't send them anymore either, I'm a bit of a card Grinch!

lilolilmanchester Tue 04-Dec-12 13:21:00

we use a combination of things, but given that you have bookshelves, saw this in a mag and use for some now... slip the "written in bit" of the card between a couple of books, so that front of the card is displayed infront of a couple of books. Actually looks quite effective, as long as you're not wanting regular access to the books over Christmas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now