Talk

Advanced search

Silly question- when should I give out xmas cards?

(9 Posts)
SpinningBirdKick Sun 02-Dec-12 17:26:38

Dear MNers,

Please forgive my stupidity, but I normally leave it very late (as in a day or two before Christmas eve) to give out cards.
Even post ones I tend to leave right until the last posting date... I know I'm a bad guy......
Please could you give me some advice as to when to send/give them out?
I don't want a repeat of past years, but at the same time, I don't want to look silly giving them out too early.
Thank you in advance!

PurpleTinsel Sun 02-Dec-12 19:10:13

I've received 2 Christmas cards already. I don't think posting them now would make you look silly.

starsandunicorns Sun 02-Dec-12 19:13:54

Seen lots of 2nd class cards going threw the sorting office already. My sister has sent hers out this weekend

starsandunicorns Sun 02-Dec-12 19:16:33

Last posting for 2nd class.is the18th and first is 20th for uk.

SpinningBirdKick Sun 02-Dec-12 23:26:15

Thank you for the advice on posting, but what about giving them to people you see face to face?
Is next week too late?

OhTheConfusion Mon 03-Dec-12 11:47:05

Anytime from Dec 1st is reasonable... Dsis recieved one on November 3rd this year hmm

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Mon 03-Dec-12 18:18:54

I would normally do mine around 10th to 15th December. You don't want to be too early IMO.

TeamBacon Mon 03-Dec-12 18:20:16

I'm intending to post mine in a few days. That reminds me, must buy more stamps.

ChristmasIsAcumenin Mon 03-Dec-12 18:20:59

Any time during Advent is fine!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: