Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

gifts for DP or whatever I should call him!

(19 Posts)
Flojo1979 Sat 01-Dec-12 22:53:05

Known him a long time, been dating him a short time.
What do I get him? What to go a bit crazy but need steering in the right direction from tacky to oh waw!

Flojo1979 Sat 01-Dec-12 22:53:40

*Want (to spoil him)

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 01-Dec-12 22:59:15

Have you both set a budget?

Flojo1979 Sat 01-Dec-12 23:06:01

No, I've asked him what he wants and he won't talk about it, just says he wants nothing or doesn't know. He's got 3 of us to buy for tho and neither of us have any money concerns so I don't mind spending a bit if I know its what he'd want. But I don't know!

Beaverfeaver Sun 02-Dec-12 09:05:24

Nice watch?
iPad?
DSLR camera?
Tickets to a comedy /music show?
Weekend away for the new year?
Brew your own ale kit?
Nice Milton brown black pepper stuff?
Gant rugby/polo top?
Coffee/espresso machine?

FloralWellies Sun 02-Dec-12 09:06:53

Don't spend too much as you may embarrass him if he spends less, (because it's early days...)

Numberlock Sun 02-Dec-12 09:11:12

Something small at this stage. Why do you want to go crazy?

Beaverfeaver Sun 02-Dec-12 09:12:39

Christopher Ward watches are so well made.

I have bought 3 different ones at different price points as gifts so far and the presentation is superb.

They currently have 15% off until Monday using code 'MEGA15'

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 02-Dec-12 15:50:23

Agree with Floral, unless you've set a budget he could end up being majorly embarrassed at this stage.

Tickets for comedy/gig are always good. I got together with my now DH in November a well lets just say a few years ago and I did this. We had a lovely night to look forward to in January. Shows that you want to stay around long enough for the gig but without breaking the bank or embarrassing him or yourself smile.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sun 02-Dec-12 15:54:32

YY to tickets for something you'll both enjoy.

And erm, just to clarify because I'm a nosy parker - when you say "he has 3 of us to buy for" you don't mean 3 girlfriends do you?!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 02-Dec-12 16:27:21

grin at slightly. Now that would be an experience in sharing! smile.

Flojo1979 Sun 02-Dec-12 17:20:34

slightly I never thought of that!
I meant me and my 2 DCs, he got DD a bday present last wk and got the DCs an advent calendar so I'm going with the assumption that he will get them Xmas present too.
IPad he won't appreciate, watch I'm not sure about as I think the one he currently wears was his dads, gig def good idea but no one on that we both want to see, was gonna get Robbie tickets and he just laughed and said no way (before he realised I was serious!).
Maybe some sort of event we could both do but not sure what.

FloralWellies Sun 02-Dec-12 17:26:56

Well the birthday present he got your DD should give you an idea of the price range he is looking at. (What did he get her?<nosy>)
The advent calendar is a thoughtful but not expensive present, so that's what you should aim for...

[http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/europe/united-kingdom/london.aspx Cirque du Soleil] is on in London in January. I would love that as a present!

FloralWellies Sun 02-Dec-12 17:27:30

www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/europe/united-kingdom/london.aspx

link for Cirque du Soleil

Flojo1979 Sun 02-Dec-12 17:29:20

He got a big play doh set, I can't stand the stuff and tried not to look horrified!

1978andallthat Sun 02-Dec-12 17:30:57

Something kinky for the bedroom? blush

And something like a box set you can watch together? And maybe a back up extra nice thing you can keep for his bday if he gets you something small but bring out if he's extravagant.

Also think what do you want to do for years to come? Don't get diamond encrusted cufflinks if you want to be more low key in future years.

Flojo1979 Sun 02-Dec-12 17:41:36

Cirque was a good idea but nowhere nr me sad
allthat grin unfortunately that wouldn't go down well at all, he's way too vanilla!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 02-Dec-12 20:07:00

Can't really blame him on the Robbie thing, think my DH would have died laughing if I'd suggested that!

Flojo1979 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:10:11

I know, he did try and retract when he could see I was serious and said erm his older stuff wasn't too bad....
I wasn't expecting him to be totally thrilled just agreeable to come with I don't think he was, I didn't manage to secure tickets anyway.
Had a look who else is on but no one he likes.
Surprised him with snow patrol tickets earlier in the yr and he took me to see the Levellers and feeder for my bday (tho I don't like the Levellers, more a "I'm going, u can come too if u like" type thing)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now