Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas please 2.5year old and newborn

(5 Posts)
rachael2401 Sat 01-Dec-12 17:32:25

What to ask for for both??? DD1 desperate for a bike and no idea what to get DD2 as have most things from number one. DD1 likes imaginative play, being active, music. DD2 - who knows! All ideas welcome. Have seen a tummy time thing in mamas and papas (it's like a soft rolly thing) but a part from that I have no ideas. I can't remember what babies do!

Kirstoll Sat 01-Dec-12 17:58:38

Not a lot! If she was anything like mine smile I think it's only fair really to buy her a Christmas pudding outfit.... Mines 2.1 and she will NOT wear anything remotely brown. Pink pink pink glitter glitter and the occasional feather. I wasn't prepared for such independence! Maybe a nice mobile?

rachael2401 Sat 01-Dec-12 18:07:55

Lol! Great minds...have got DD2 a lovely mobile from my parents (they got DD1 one for her first Christmas). DD1 was six months for her first Christmas so she could appreciate a few toys. I might get her a copy of Gina Ford or the Baby Whisperer as we have yet to establish any routine!

Kirstoll Sat 01-Dec-12 18:33:56

Ah a controversial choice.... A book designed to make you feel like you fail at 4 o'clock in the morning!! I've tries every routine I can think of/ find but my darling DD still refuses to sleep in her own bed all night (she's 2.1 hmm) good luck!! Wish I had another one.... Maye next Christmas we will FINALLY be organised and ready enough!

rachael2401 Sat 01-Dec-12 18:39:52

I am not a GF devotee at all but did find TBW very helpful with DD1. Not being bound by times just order of what's happening helped me. All gone out the window this time though as we are staying with my parents and have been since before she was born s o I am just tring to minimise the impact on their lives (very hard!) so generally give her a bit of boob whenever she asks...Tracey Hogg would massively disapprove! House move scheduled for next week so hopefully will be able to establish our own routines then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now