Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what to buy geeky, board game loving dsis and bil??

(5 Posts)
ballroomblitz Fri 30-Nov-12 23:46:44

I have no idea. They are into batman/marvel type things. Love Game of Thrones. Both play WOW and dbil plays D&D. I know they play board games quite a lot - heard her mentioning ones like game of life with a dark twist so was thinking a board game between the two of them.

Game of Thrones? Chaos in the old world? Zombicide (bit dear of what I was thinking as I'm getting them individual small pressies too)?

Any other ideas? Or thoughts on the above? Long shot I know.

BabiesNeedInstructions Sat 01-Dec-12 01:03:38

Pandemic is a good board game, bit like Risk but you work as a team to stop the virus taking over the world. Unlike Risk it doesn't require 3 days of your life either.

Naoko Sat 01-Dec-12 01:20:17

Have a look here, it's a wonderful place for the geekily inclined. Great website too, very good service and fast delivery. Chaos in the Old World is a good game. I personally also really like Arkham Horror and Talisman is a fantasy gaming classic, if they don't have it already (the new edition is beautiful, too).

Naoko Sat 01-Dec-12 01:24:01

Thinking about this now, went to our boardgames cupboard to have a look! Kill Doctor Lucky and its sequel Save Doctor Lucky are both wonderful. I'm not sure the original Cheapass Games editions (which did exactly what they said on the tin...) are still available but the newer ones are about £20 I think which is still much less than something like Chaos.

ShoeJunkie Sat 01-Dec-12 02:01:15

I played a card based game called gloom with friends the other day. Twas very amusing. The friend who owned it sounds like he has similar interests to your DSis and BIL.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now