Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS aged 7's Christmas list is 'surprises'?! Help!!

(28 Posts)
mummyto3beauties Fri 30-Nov-12 21:45:13

Our lovely son presented hubby and I with his Christmas list this afternoon.....

1. A new football
2. Surprises

Thats it!! Help!!

Where do I start?? xx

NorbertDentressangle Fri 30-Nov-12 21:51:38

Sorry but I had to laugh.
Thats just the sort of thing my 8yo DS would write because (a) he loves football (b) he'll go to any lengths to avoid writing anything (even present wish lists!)

fanoftheinvisibleman Fri 30-Nov-12 21:54:36

No idea but if it helps I can tell you what my 7 year old wants?

He has asked for a lego train and some Trash packs. He also has his eye on some lego Ninjago figures but I think he is trying not to be greedy!

We have also got him the Playmobil football pitch as he took a shine to it in Toys r us a couple of months ago. We have bought it all on offer for under £100 on various offers so we are happy too. Ds was over the moon tonight too as we gave him the playmobil advent calandar we got free too.

mummyto3beauties Fri 30-Nov-12 21:55:05

Thank god its not just us then!! Our boys sound very similar smile

Still...doesnt help santa much. Gutted.

mummyto3beauties Fri 30-Nov-12 21:58:01

Thanks fanoftheinvisibleman smile would love him to be into Playmobil but he doesnt seem to take a fancy to it - mind you the football pitch looks good!!

Blu Fri 30-Nov-12 22:01:47

Hex Bugs? The Hexbug nano Spiral Starter set and a couple of Nano hex bugs

If you can stomach such things, a Nerf gun

Geomag set

Science or chemistry sets suitable for 7 year olds

Microscope, ditto

Light sabre or Harry potter Talking Wand thing.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Nov-12 22:02:19

My DS 8 does this every year! So far we've got him some playmobil top agents, a DS game and a football kit. We ought him the big playmobil top agents last year and he loves it.

fanoftheinvisibleman Fri 30-Nov-12 22:04:23

I could say the opposite...I think I would be ashamed if I had to list how much we have and it is all so big!

I am glad ds didn't ask for a football this time as he would have been sorely disappointed as he told dh his next ball will be the new one the premiership had just started using...I don't think so sunshine!

fanoftheinvisibleman Fri 30-Nov-12 22:07:13

Nerf guns were bought for ds by my db last year and were very popular. My dad going all Rambo on the kids will never be forgotten!

TheHouseofMirth Fri 30-Nov-12 22:18:15

DS is having (not all from us):
Bopit
Electronics kit
what on earth wall book
Geomag
Plasma ball
Lots of books
Skylander Giants
Harry Potter Lego PS3 game
Batman Lego
Monsuno

mummyto3beauties Fri 30-Nov-12 22:20:05

Great ideas ladies....hubby thinks a Nerf gun (not so sure tbh) and football kit for def - will check out the special agent playmobil too smile

Hubbys idea "take him for a mooch around toysrus"...hmmmm can see this getting complicated/expensive!!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Nov-12 22:22:03

As you can see from our list, we don't go mad but by the time he's had present from everyone else there should be a fraud pile. Know he feels leftout when he finds out what his friends have had but try to get him to concentrate on nice stuff like spending time with family and not having all the latest gadgets when your friends have is character building grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Nov-12 22:22:47

Fraud pile? Fair pile!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Nov-12 22:24:22

Is your DH pissed mummy? grin

CocktailQueen Fri 30-Nov-12 22:25:32

Goalie glioves
New football shirt?
football training cones?
training football?
shin pads, football boots, footy skills dvd/book? Usborne books football colouring book?????
Next do a nice range of football bed linen etc.
xx

Fourkisses Fri 30-Nov-12 22:26:25

How about football related stuff - kit/boots/gloves/goal/annual etc?
You can't go wrong with Lego for most boys that age.
Match Attacks cards?
Science kit?
Board games?
Brainbox game?
Books - Mr Gum, Michael Morpurgo, Roald Dahl
Tec deck finger skateboard

These are all things I know ds would love.

mamaduckbone Fri 30-Nov-12 22:29:15

My DS, just turned 7, has asked for Lord of the Rings Lego. He just had his birthday and Bopit was by far the most popular present. He doesn't like Playmobil at all, which always disappointed me, but thankfully DS2 loves it.
Art stuff and books popular here too.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 30-Nov-12 22:30:47

Oh and get him the match of the day annual, our DS was glued to it last Christmas.

suebfg Fri 30-Nov-12 22:32:13

Lego Lord of the Rings or Lego Hobbit

mummyto3beauties Fri 30-Nov-12 22:34:17

Fab ideas thanks loads! Am thinking of going down th fooball theme (boots kit etc) but am just abit worried he will end up with nothing to actually 'play' with - my other DD are 3.5 and 13 months so bit worried about 'pile envy' (i know utterly sad but just want them to be happy blush )

Would you believe JiltedJohnsJulie he's not pissed - obviously just wants to be working overtime for the next 300 years!! Men! Meh!

mummyto3beauties Fri 30-Nov-12 22:35:33

Hes not keen on lego - oh how life would be much easier if he was!!

Bluestocking Fri 30-Nov-12 22:40:11

My 8 year old DS has a version of this voice recorder-distorter and absolutely loves it!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 01-Dec-12 22:39:18

Will second boppit too. If you are worried about pile envy you can always get some small pressies like the motd and match annuals, sports direct have Olympic footballs for a fiver and you can get some football fiction books, the book people might have some if you're lucky.

amck5700 Sat 01-Dec-12 22:55:10

at age 7 you have it easy, buy whatever is in the sale and convince him that it's what he wants. They are easy to manipulate at that age. My youngest at that age would never write a list - he just used to say, I don't even know what I want until Santa brings it and then I realise that Santa always knows what I like!! grin

beingagoodmumishard Sat 01-Dec-12 23:03:36

what about subbuteo?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now