Talk

Advanced search

Build-a-Bear - aaarrrrggghhhh!

(15 Posts)
tinselahohoho Fri 30-Nov-12 08:36:27

Have just looked at the 'wishlist' of youngest child on the Build-a-Bear website - I could buy a bear, or a building, or a bear that could build buildings for that amount.

Is there anywhere that does clothes that fit those 'creatures' without me having to sell a kidney to fund it all? In particular, the rather delightful Chelsea football outfit is making me come out in a cold sweat shock.

DrSeuss Fri 30-Nov-12 08:57:54

Ebay
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=build+a+bear+chelsea&_sacat=0&_from=R40

DrSeuss Fri 30-Nov-12 08:58:56

Arrived at above by typing build a bear chelsea. Loads more stuff.

5madthings Fri 30-Nov-12 09:02:04

Www.bearfactoryparties.co.uk

Absolutely fab, great prices yoi can get kits to make a bear or ready stuffed ones, great clothes, brilliant customer service always recomend them aftrr we used them.for a party!

kiwigirl42 Fri 30-Nov-12 09:06:40

We got MIL a Build-a-bear bunny for xmas last weekend. I thought it was a bargain £34 for bunny, recorded message in paw from DS, pair of denim overalls (£4) and cute pair of POW shoes. Really pleased with him.

wish I'd got some gumboots for the cats too now though ...

tinselahohoho Fri 30-Nov-12 09:18:39

Thank you all - I must just be tight. Even on ebay, three second-hand outfits I watched last week went for over £40 in total, and I just think that's a bit much. They're just little things, not proper Xmas presents hmm

And £34 a bargain? I'm getting old - they're not even that nice confused.

Will go look at that other site now, thank you!

DoubleMum Fri 30-Nov-12 09:21:44

I think Design a Bear stuff at Argos fits Build a Bear, and some of those are reduced at the mo I think. Not all 2ndhand outfits on ebay go for very much at all, so worth a look. It is xmas though so prices are always going to be raised.

I got through Argos one.

bunny with 2 full outfits and a hat and gloves set £20.

MimieD Fri 30-Nov-12 10:06:30

Some teddies are priced down at build-a-bear to £12 and they also have selected outfits 2 for £12.

tinselahohoho Fri 30-Nov-12 14:13:14

Thanks everyone - I don't need the actual bears (or dogs . . . or cats . . . or anythings), just the clothes as that is what 'they' are hoping to get for Xmas, but will look at that offer on Mimie.

Taffeta Fri 30-Nov-12 14:22:25

Do you have anyone locally thats into sewing? My MIL for eg loves making dolls and teddy's outfits out of old material.

Maybe try local paper/small ads in post office/shop etc?

Viviennemary Fri 30-Nov-12 14:29:12

£34 for an outfit for a teddy bear. A bargain? shock

tinselahohoho Fri 30-Nov-12 15:44:00

Taffeta - no sad . . . and, although I'm ancient, I have no skills.

Viviennemary - glad it's not just me!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 01-Dec-12 00:00:03

My DD is 10.6 yo and went through a BaB phase.
She kept the Bear and a couple of favourite outfits, but we took the wardrobe,about 10 outfits, a couple of pairs of shoes and a futon bed to Oxfam.

We were going to Ebay them and didn't get organised but DD said she wanted "a little girl to have them" (sweet) grin

JustCallMeBaldrick Sat 01-Dec-12 00:12:33

I got some age 3-6 ( possibly 6-9?) month baby clothes for the DC's bears, which were OK. Things like tracky bottoms and t-shirts fitted best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now