Talk

Advanced search

So stuck on what to get 7 year old ds

(20 Posts)
mamasmissionimpossible Tue 27-Nov-12 14:07:53

My 7 year old ds hasn't asked for anything this christmas. Despite me constantly asking what he is asking FC for this year!

I have bought him a small skateboard, a small lego set, a set of goosebumps books and a paper aeroplane book of planes to make.

His 5 year old sister has alot more than him, and don't want it to look like she got favoured over him.

Any ideas what else I can get? He is very creative/imaginative. Likes art and construction and writing stories on an old laptop. Not into gaming in a big way (yet!)

Khaterine Tue 27-Nov-12 15:41:47

Puzzles, lego games or books with some designs are always the best choice. And so you encourage her to play smart, which will help her later by developing her creativity. Also a DVD with a classic story can also be a very nice gift for a child of 5 years.

iseenodust Tue 27-Nov-12 15:52:15

A story CD - Ds is getting Mr Gum
Geomag glow in the dark
The science museum kits are good -cosmic racer (you build), illusion tricks, stomp rocket.

altinkum Tue 27-Nov-12 17:22:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DewDr0p Tue 27-Nov-12 17:28:29

I've got 3 boys who are 5 6 and 8. Here are some of the things they are getting for Christmas (not all from us!) and also got for last birthdays.

Hotwires set
Star Wars Visual Dictionary
Shut the Box
Star Wars Operation game
Plastoy dragons
Yoda alarm clock
Lego Marvel Heroes
Pass the Bomb Junior
Star Wars fighter pods
EZfort (large construction set for building dens)
Hexbug Nano sets
Downfall

HTH!

DewDr0p Tue 27-Nov-12 17:29:22

Has he got the Lego ideas book?

What about a How To Draw type book?

legalalien Tue 27-Nov-12 17:30:50

Sounds nothing like my ds who is about as creative as I am. smile

His creative friend however loved this, which we got for his birthday

www.amazon.co.uk/Club-Penguin-Comic-Maker-Kit/dp/B0052XL19E

iloveholidays Tue 27-Nov-12 17:34:24

These woodcraft construction kits look good, we bought a couple for our nephew...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=woodcraft+construction+kit&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awoodcraft+construction+kit

iloveholidays Tue 27-Nov-12 17:34:39

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=woodcraft+construction+kit&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awoodcraft+construction+kit

cantspel Tue 27-Nov-12 17:40:27

If he likes lego the new lego Hobbit sets are released on the 1st dec. You can preorder on the lego website and if you spend over £50 you get free delivery.

BeaWheesht Tue 27-Nov-12 17:58:57

Ds (6) is getting for birthday / Christmas

Darth vader electronic mask
Imaginext batman stuff
Playmobil cowboys and Indians
Playmobil camper van
Spiderman costume
Knex

mamasmissionimpossible Tue 27-Nov-12 18:02:08

Ooh lots of good ideas thanks

I've been looking at pop up tents and camo nets for him as we are moving to a house with a large garden soon. Any suggestions for pop up tents/ camo nets?. They appear to vary alot in price.

BeaWheesht Tue 27-Nov-12 18:03:37

Ds is also getting a rolobox kit - have a look on amazon - the one he's getting is wheels, pulley and axels to turn a box into a trailer but you an get robot and car one too

mamasmissionimpossible Tue 27-Nov-12 18:04:48

Dewdr0p - he doesn't have the Lego ideas book. He seems to have so many ideas of his own grin I will look into it.

mamasmissionimpossible Tue 27-Nov-12 18:08:00

Funny thing is, his favourite 'toy' is plastic coat hanger. He will spend a good half an hour making up stories in his head with the coathanger. I've never seen anything like it grin

longjane Tue 27-Nov-12 18:12:36

have you got a printer and some kind of blinder so he make his own story books

I8toys Tue 27-Nov-12 18:13:53

DS 7 is getting some creative stuff including
crayola glowbook
makedo kits
rolobox wheels
He loves making all sorts of stuff with boxes.

Klutz books are great - thumbprint art sets and also doodle books are hit with DS.

Huge roll of paper from Ikea with fabulous colouring pens - hours of fun with that.

fruitcorner Tue 27-Nov-12 21:39:39

If you want a camo net look on the army surplus websites or cadetuk as they have great camo stuff

SlightlyJaded Tue 27-Nov-12 21:46:55

marking my place for ideas
grin

ELR Tue 27-Nov-12 23:16:36

I have bought my dd the make your own den kit from her Christmas list it looks really good.
DS who is 7 has tennis racket, goal posts, mini remote control helicopter, iPod touch(bought with his own birthday and Christmas money) new pjs, a woolly monster hat and a puffin post subscription.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now