Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting my wrapping tonight

(13 Posts)
ineedsomepeaceandquiet Mon 26-Nov-12 19:17:50

Mulled wine - check. Elf on DVD - check. Hideous amounts of wrapping paper and ribbon for DSs stocking presents - check. Yay!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 26-Nov-12 20:05:42

Cor peaceandquiet you are organised grin

I've looked at my DC presents in the wardrobe and shut the door again.!
DH and I are going to get their presents (hopefully) final shop on Friday. I might put everything on the bed and see what they've got, then wrap them on Friday evening.

I might settle myself with that James Herbert programme (on catchup) and coffee. (I don't drink and it's too early to watch Elf -still November- but I did see Nativity 2 at the cinema yesterday).

KateByChristmas Mon 26-Nov-12 20:17:58

I've also started tonight wink

Nowhere near as thought out as you though OP! Lost the tags and can't remember what is for who, BUT, I've started grin never again will I spend Christmas Day with bad nails and wrappers shoulder.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Mon 26-Nov-12 20:21:24

Hope you've got one of those heavy weight Sellotape dispensers, they are such a godsend and save a lot of time.
Good luck and errr enjoy!

MsElleTow Mon 26-Nov-12 20:23:46

I finished all mine almost 2 weeks ago! I have a rule, I don't do anything for Christmas, apart from baking and food shopping, in December!

Everythingwillbeok Mon 26-Nov-12 22:30:32

I used to love the wrapping bit,now I hate it don't know why just dread it,did it last Friday took all morning ...so time consuming but better than doing it at 12.00 Xmas eve like last year

3bunnies Mon 26-Nov-12 23:04:54

Started this morning while ds was at preschool. Now that dd1 seems to be up until 10pm, it is impossible to do much without risk of interruption. Class assembly on the only other day this week that ds is in preschool. I have at least been through everything, sorted into bags per child, and wrapped stocking fillers for dd1+2. Still have main presents and all of ds's, but it was sorting out having a cup of tea and looking on mumsnet which took so long. Will try to finish this week or next week, but must remember to give myself more than 10mins to hide it all again next time. Presents for other people I can wrap in evenings as it doesn't matter if they see it.

NickyNackyNooNoo Mon 26-Nov-12 23:09:40

Well that's just silly! I'd forget what I'd bought people I won't mention my spreadsheet I will wrap mine once December's here total denial that this is Saturday

3bunnies Mon 26-Nov-12 23:20:26

I quite like the feeling of surprise when I see something I forgot I had got for them. Of course for dh it is all a surprise as he never knows what 'we' got until the morning, cue much questioning on whether we have give them too much. Feeling as if dd1 hasn't got such fun presents, but she is nearly 8 so harder to buy random toys for, has no list beyond immortality and a personal aircraft, and a birthday in Feb. Could get something to even it up a bit, but at the moment have same number of gifts so reluctant to mess with it.

Clary Tue 27-Nov-12 01:00:19

Ladies I am in disbelief at you all wrapping in November!

mind you I usually have started writing my cards about a month ago. I'm cutting right back this year and only sending about 15 so I shall just do them in one go one evening.

Agree sellotape dispenser is actually the best thing ever. Mine was a present from the DC!

LOL @ you 3bunnies "have same number of gifts so don't want to mess it up" - this is when I see somethign I must get for one of them and then need to even it up again aaarrrgh

ineedsomepeaceandquiet Tue 27-Nov-12 10:30:21

I didn't finish last night - got so distracted by Elf and too much mulled wine. May tackle again tonight if I am brave enough grin

I finished mine last week blush I've got loads on (trying to get house organised for Christmas party) so when it was Amazons black Friday last week, I spent the days trying to get bargains and wrapping all the presents.

emmameghan Tue 27-Nov-12 13:54:08

First year working full time ... my DC's are 12 and 14 not sure when I will get it done this year..... somehow I don't think I will get away with hiding in the bedroom!!! Have sorted into "stocking" pile and "under tree" pile, problem is I have bought a couple of extra's since then and can't remember which piles they go on and if they still have the same amout!!! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now