Talk

Advanced search

Cinema on Christmas Eve?

(13 Posts)
rara67 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:33:48

I have left it too late to get decent seats at the panto, so thinking of the cinema. Has anyone gone on 24/12? If so when do they release the times? Our nearest is a Cineworld but would be prepared to travel further (anything to get for a few hours with v excited DS x 2!)
Thank you

DoubleMum Mon 26-Nov-12 11:54:43

We saw Arthur Christmas last yr Xmas Eve and it was great. Check your cinema hasn't already released seats for the period around xmas as ours has for The Hobbit only.

VoldemortsNipple Mon 26-Nov-12 12:11:15

We have an old fashioned cinema in our village playing It's a wondeful life. It's a lovely little cinema which still does an interval and has ice cream ladies. I just don't think the dcs would be too happy. Ds has asked to go and see the hobbit Christmas eve.

OhTheConfusion Mon 26-Nov-12 12:24:38

We go on the 23rd every year and they only release the slots the week before.

This year the DC's fancy 'The Nativity, Danger in the manger'... I fear it may have to be DH's turn and I will take the baby for a coffe!

rara67 Mon 26-Nov-12 12:52:55

Thanks. Will check out all cinemas asap. We have a theatre trip on 23rd with my DM, only local, so still need an outing on 24th. I am thinking Nativity 2 or The Rise of the Guardians but any traditional xmas film would be good too. Enjoy whatever you see!

2madboys Mon 26-Nov-12 12:54:55

We have done it for the last few years. Can't remember when they release the times, but I think we usually book on the day! Never had a problem. Planning on seeing Nativity 2 as well - friend's DS is an extra in it!

rhondajean Mon 26-Nov-12 13:03:20

We go every year and I have never had to PRE book tickets.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Mon 26-Nov-12 20:18:42

We've done it several times and it's lovely because there's hardly anybody in there! The only time we've been glad of booking in advance is when it's been in the small Arts Cinemas - the multi screen ones are eerily empty.

YummyDollie Tue 27-Nov-12 11:06:46

Weve done it every year since i was a child, cinema and pizza hut on christmas eve its family tradition! Last year we didnt pre book so had to see puss in boots as opposed to a christmas film (arthur christmas i think it was?) so this year if its a christmas film we want to see i will be pre booking it the week before when cineworld releases the listings grin

dedee Tue 27-Nov-12 18:38:58

Hi

I went to see Arthur Christmas last year and our Cineworld was packed.

We had to sit near the front as all the other seats were taken.

DorsetKnob Tue 27-Nov-12 18:50:33

We did, cinema wasn't packed but was a great way to spend the afternoon with two excited children.

Sabriel Wed 28-Nov-12 19:42:57

We had a tradition of always going to the cinema on 24/12 until last year. It was never busy, so it's a good day to pick.

Whistlingwaves Wed 28-Nov-12 19:45:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: