Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Make your own Christmas carjacker ideas please!

(8 Posts)
PixieHot Sun 25-Nov-12 14:41:51

Oxfam have lovely make your own cracker sets with snaps, hats, and jokes. Does anyone have any ideas about what I can put inside? For silly adults mostly grin.

PixieHot Sun 25-Nov-12 14:42:22

Arf at carjacker, bloody typo.

omletta Sun 25-Nov-12 14:47:38

Loving Christmas carjacker!

When I did this a couple of years ago I put a whole load of thought into special, bespoke, things for everyone. Quite frankly I wish I hadn't bothered as my PILs were really dismissive of theirs and it made every feel uncomfortable - but that it probably just my weird PILs, MIL always says 'shall I bring the crackers?' and when I say 'no thanks, I already have them' she brings some anyway, generally completely inappropriate Winne the Pooh ones or similar.

omletta Sun 25-Nov-12 14:54:27

Sorry - you asked for ideas, not a rant!

- miniature bottle of spirits
- small perfume bottle
- mascara (teenage DD)
- top up voucher
- Jewlery
- keyring
- hard cash
- nice lip balm
- hair bobbles
- jokey things, like fake chewing gum that snaps our finger, itching powder etc

HTH

PixieHot Sun 25-Nov-12 14:54:36

Yes, I'm avoiding personalised crackers as I slightly CBA.

I'm thinking some chocolate coins, maybe a festive tooter? Oh God, it sounds naff, doesn't it?

PixieHot Sun 25-Nov-12 14:56:05

Thanks omletta smile.

Dosey Sun 25-Nov-12 16:27:13

I put scratch cards or a lucky dip in ours
HTH

Barbeasty Sun 25-Nov-12 17:43:10

For general ones I tend to put a chocolate and a scratchcard in.

In the past my dad has put in miniture perfumes and aftershaves and indoor fireworks.

If they're all for adults then miniture spirits could be good. There are lots of gift packs of handcreams and things around at the moment which could be split up.

You can just fit a pair of socks in a cracker. But you can't get a credit card sized gift voucher (bitter experience).

How about novelty balloons, or bits from somewhere like Hawkins bazaar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now