Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

All i want for Christmas ... is DS2 home from hospital

(23 Posts)
MrsPear Thu 22-Nov-12 17:38:01

So if it was a wonderful world ... what do you want for Christmas?

BTW i am lucky that DS2 at the mo is just very very small and not really gaining.

happyclapper Thu 22-Nov-12 18:37:14

Do you know what.....we have stuff, not very well off but we can afford within reason to give DS's a good xmas so I'm happy with that. I would like new boots and a new coat but as long as the boys are happy I'm not fussed.
Hope your DS2 is home soon. x

INeedThatForkOff Thu 22-Nov-12 18:40:54

I would like this to be the last Christmas that my mum lives further away than we'd like.

Hope your DS is home soon, OP.

Sirzy Thu 22-Nov-12 18:43:02

Hope he manages to make it home for Christmas smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 22-Nov-12 19:22:51

Oh, sad MrsPear.

Have the hospital said he could be home for Christmas or is it likely you'll be celebrating by his side in hospital.

(((hugs))) to everyone who have babies and children in hospital over Christmas.

oreocrumbs Thu 22-Nov-12 19:26:28

Oh MrsPear, I hope he makes it home in time.

I don't really wish for anything for me, thankfully we are all as well as we can be.

I wish that everyone could have the people they need and want with them, and I wish your son a speedy recovery.

Waitingforastartofall Thu 22-Nov-12 19:53:25

I wish my mum was here for one last Christmas sad

DewDr0p Thu 22-Nov-12 20:44:20

Oh MrsPear I hope your wish comes true

Ilovecake1 Thu 22-Nov-12 21:11:20

Oh mrspear, I really feel over you guys...how is your LO doing?? So hard to think and celebrate Christmas when you have a LO that is unwell.

My LO came out of hospital on Christmas Eve last year and the staff there were absolutely amazing...made the build up to Christmas special! This year I just want my 2 LOs to be health, happy and have every single toy they want!!

MsElleTow Thu 22-Nov-12 21:17:05

Mrs Pear I hope he gets home in time.

I would like a day of no pain, but that is unlikely. So I would just like us all to be healthy and happy.

((((((Hugs)))))) waitingforastartofallxxx

Marne Thu 22-Nov-12 21:34:15

I hope you get your wish MrsPear,

My wish is for us all to be healthy for chrismas day.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 22-Nov-12 21:37:05

I wish DD would learn to speak..

Hope all your dreams come true smile

Marne Thu 22-Nov-12 21:41:22

Fanjo, i hope you wish comes true and i'm sure one day it will xxxxx

spottymoo Thu 22-Nov-12 21:57:42

Hope your LO is home soon Mrs Pear xx
I'm hoping for a healthy house dd always falls poorly over Christmas the last 5 Christmas she had the flu even though she's had the flu jab I think the run up at school takes it out of her.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Thu 22-Nov-12 22:13:12

Thanks Marne smile

Moominsarescary Wed 05-Dec-12 22:49:20

Hi mrsp, I've been thinking of you. Hope ds2 is home for christmas

SlightlyCrumpledChristmasPaper Thu 06-Dec-12 07:04:03

Hope you get your wish MrsPear.
Fanjo that was my wish for DS2 for years. He was 9 a few weeks ago & we can now have a conversation smile. I have to really concentrate but he's getting there. Wishing that for you.
sad for those whose wishes won't come true.

For me, I'd like DS2' ear infections to just sod off! Get lost! Bugger off! We are all sick of you! angry

McKayz Thu 06-Dec-12 07:08:10

MrsPear, I hope he is at home for christmas and Fanjo I hope you can have a chat with your DD soon.

I'd really like one more Xmas with my Grandad. He died last year but feeling a bit sad lately that he doesn't know I married DP now DH and that we have DD. sad

BeaWheesht Thu 06-Dec-12 09:12:10

I'd like us all to be well.

Also would like my dad to still be with us - fingers crossed. And for him not to be in too much pain / be too confused.

I hope your ds2 comes home.

I would like to not be alone, to have someone to cook Christmas dinner for, to share presents with, to have a Christmas like on the adverts - family all having a lovely time etc. Instead of sitting on my own eating a microwave meal and wishing the time away.

stickyj Thu 06-Dec-12 09:38:33

Dinosaurs, can I just ask (sorry if it sounds like I'm being nosey) why are you on your own?! x

My older boys go to their dads for Christmas this year (we alternate) and I split up with ds3s dad earlier in the year. I wanted to have ds3 with me for Christmas but realised I was being selfish and would be making him miss out on a proper family Christmas with his dad and extended family - big meal, party, etc and that he would love it so although it means I spend the day alone at least my boys will all be having a great time. We will have our Christmas Day another day but it won't be the same, no point doing turkey etc as they will be fed up of it. It's just a date on the calendar really but as everything is so geared up for the 25th I can't help but find it depressing.

Previous years when I've spent the day alone I've just spent the whole day miserable in bed, I'm not going to make that mistake again. Really drags!

BiddyPop Thu 06-Dec-12 10:48:15

I just want a few days where I can sleep, not be woken because I need to go to work or because there are acitivities we need to get to. Just sleep, wake naturally, and then rolll over for a read of a crappy book to put me back for a long snooze.

DH has been away so much this year, and catching up on stuff when he is home, that I feel as though I've been single parenting and I am utterly exhausted from it all.

(And I really do realise I have it a lot better than many, there are just days when it all hits me and despite a nagging brewing chest infection, I still have to get up and go to work and organise lots - I just want to be under a duvet today).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now