Talk

Advanced search

Lego Friends

(15 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Thu 22-Nov-12 17:15:40

I was wondering whether to buy this for dd (5), does anyone have it already and is it worth the cost and is it any good? Seems to have good reviews but have learnt with experience that doesn't always mean it's any good...

applecrumbleandcream Thu 22-Nov-12 17:16:20

Sorry this

4lovelychildren Thu 22-Nov-12 17:17:43

We have bought our DD the camper van and a bucket of general pink lego so a mix and match. The friends sets are very expensive but do look good so compromise situation here!

applecrumbleandcream Thu 22-Nov-12 17:23:31

mmmm just thinking, she has never really been very interested in ordinary lego, this or the camper van are the sort of thing she would play with more I think. It's just the cost and seems to be that price everywhere.

cazza2878 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:04:14

I bought the cafe in the link for DD aged 4.5. Subsequently returned it though as for £30 you don't get a lot, its pretty small. Also although good reviews, a lot if people commented the parts are very specific so you can't really build anything else with it, once its built that's it. I just wasn't sure DD would be very impressed when she opened it so swapped ut for playmobil swimming pool which has fan reviews and i know she'll love.

applecrumbleandcream Thu 22-Nov-12 20:37:12

Thanks for the replies, those comments are very helpful cazza, I'm don't think I'm going to buy it now and will probably get something like the Sylvanian Families Cottage Hospital which is the same price on Amazon. My dd got the Playmobil swimming pool last Christmas and she absolutely loves it, the only thing is we left the water in for too long and it went a bit green at the bottom, cleaned it now and it's fine.

cazza2878 Thu 22-Nov-12 21:52:26

Good to hear the playmobil pool was well received!
I was looking at sylvanian families too - think they are a good shout for that age group. I was thinking of the school as my DD just started school plus it comes with furniture unlike a lot of the other buildings.

CleanHankie Thu 22-Nov-12 22:07:36

DD1 (age 6) got the cafe for her birthday last month. It's been made and then pretty much left in her room. She's gone to play with it, but similar to what others have said, you can only play with the lego friends figures with it. She has playmobil and SF which "visit" each other and go on holiday together. The Lego Friends seem to be a whole class of their own. Not impressed much, so I'd advise you to buy something else

applecrumbleandcream Thu 22-Nov-12 22:33:07

Thanks CleanHankie, great to get feedback before I waste my money on another pile of plastic tat!!! Will be avoiding it now.

Cazza, yes I think my dd would like the school or the hospital, both sets you get quite a lot of pieces to be able to play with it straightaway.

silverfrog Thu 22-Nov-12 22:38:38

dd2 (5) would love it.

she has some Friends stuff for Christmas, but not this (the treehouse, I think, and a couple of the smaller bits).

she would play with it loads, and use the bits in other stuff too. she has already been making cakes/drinks/picnics (or trying to!) with generic lego pieces.

cazza2878 Thu 22-Nov-12 22:40:47

Very stock sylvanian and I was thinking of buying from there using £30 off £60 spend code for new customers. Could get school and school pupils figures for £32 total. Actually just seen hospital on there reduced to £30. There is also code for £25 off £50 spend just seen on bargains thread.

AngelOne Thu 22-Nov-12 22:59:23

My 5 yo has some of the smaller friends sets - the car and the dog kennel, she also has a box of bog standard lego bricks and a Hello Kitty mega bloks set that's compatible with lego. She spends hours making little houses, gardens and cars for Hello Kitty, the friend characters and a few regular mini figures.

She especially loves the more detailed bricks like furniture, food, plates, cups etc that she can use to create a more detailed 'scene' so I think she'd love a set like this just for that sort of thing.

FreddoBaggyMac Fri 23-Nov-12 06:51:18

My two girls (7 and 8) love lego friends. DD2 spent all her birthday money on the lego friends house which seems tiny for the amount she paid, but took them a whole day to build together and has been played with every day since. We also have normal lego which they don't play with nearly as much. Also my youngest DS uses the 'Dad' that comes with the lego friends house as Dr. Who (he has a look of David Tenant) and three of the girls as Rose Tyler, Martha and Amy Pond smile

armani Fri 23-Nov-12 09:32:17

My dd aged 6 got a load of lego friends sets for her birthday, she hasn't touched them! Ds age 3 absolutely loves them tho!

sunnyday123 Fri 23-Nov-12 13:33:33

Dd got loads for her 7th birthday and plays with it non stop! Dd who is 5 couldn't make the things at all as far. Too fidley but does play with them once made up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now