Talk

Advanced search

Playmobil Hospital

(7 Posts)
kikidee Wed 21-Nov-12 06:16:55

We are swithering over the Playmobil hospital for DD who is almost 6. It's just over £100 and I'm just not sure if she'll play with it enough to justify the expense. Can anyone who has it tell me if you think it's worth it or if I'd be better to spend the same amount on a few different sets? Thank you.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Wed 21-Nov-12 06:24:21

Part of the beauty of Playmobil is the creativity it allows. I still remeber a friend having some of the hospital stuff but.not the actual hopsital and we would make our own from cardboard or set it up on a step.

Same amount spent on a few smaller sets (with one of them.being hopsital stuff) would be better imo.

cazza2878 Wed 21-Nov-12 21:36:26

Does it have to be the hospital? Argos have the big playmobil school building reduced to half price, now £59.99.

timetosmile Wed 21-Nov-12 21:40:06

We got a great second hand one on ebay a few years ago and DCs have all loved it. Injured knights and pirates were brought there, robbers attacked it. Open heart surgery was performed and the lego fire crew were called out on more than one occasion. The Moshlings moved in a few months ago.

If you wrap it up beautifully in tissue paper, DD will not notice the actual box is missing and thus your cunning secondhandedness will pass unnoticed

kikidee Thu 22-Nov-12 00:02:55

Thank you very much for helpful replies. I suggested the vet clinic to her the other day as a suggestion for her Santa list (she has no list and no idea what she'd like) and she suggested the hospital instead. She's very interested in hospitals (had 2 majorish operations when she was younger) and plays hospitals with her animals and likes to read about hospitals and doctors so that's why we thought the hospital but it's so eyewateringly expensive. I like the look of the school and think she'd like that too but will go and check on eBay and see what I can find. Love the idea of the moshlings moving into the hospital!

Sinkingfeeling Thu 22-Nov-12 00:13:02

We bought the Playmobil hospital three Christmases ago for our 3 dd (then 7, 7 and 5). It's been played with loads though only rarely as a hospital. They haul parts of it frequently and construct other things with it - most recently an olympic diving centre with attached athlete accommodation grin and a vet's surgery. It was well worth it for us, though I think we paid around £85. Look for one on local boards or ebay?

SoMuchToBits Thu 22-Nov-12 00:15:53

Our Playmobil hospital has been well used- although at the moment it appears to be used as a parking garage for several Playmobil vehicles.... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now