Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for No 24 on DD's advent calendar please

(8 Posts)
INeedThatForkOff Tue 20-Nov-12 22:10:54

Just that, really.

I'm handing my beloved Christmas tree advent calendar, made by my auntie, over to DD (2.9).

So far I have various stampers, play-doh tools, paint brushes and balloons. Also some pretty hairslides, a tree decoration and a couple of chocs. I want to get some Christmassy socks (any ideas where from?) and a ribbon too.

I'd like something a bit special but not expensive for Christmas eve. It might be nice if it were something that could become a tradition, perhaps a little Christmas fairy or something. I'm planning to make another calendar for baby DS next year, so perhaps something they could both enjoy.

Ideas welcome!

debdee Tue 20-Nov-12 22:23:33

A small tree decoration? Would be a sweet tradition for them to find it and let them hang it on the tree.

Tinkerisdead Tue 20-Nov-12 22:25:27

A lot of mumsnetters do the xmas eve hamper of a film, pj's, hot choc so i leave a clue to find the hamper in my no 24.

INeedThatForkOff Tue 20-Nov-12 22:41:39

That's a good idea - we're doing the hamper. I'm using a tree dec for the 16th, the day we put our tree up smile

InkleWinkle Tue 20-Nov-12 22:50:00

I did a whole lot of clues leading all round the house last year. Ending with a hamper under the tree.

INeedThatForkOff Wed 21-Nov-12 03:49:37

On second thoughts, I'm planning that the advent calendar is from us but the hamper is from the elf. If no 24 is a clue, it might get a bit confusing. I really want her to believe ...

Tinkerisdead Wed 21-Nov-12 09:45:37

Hmmm could you leave something elfish in there like a jingle bell or an elf hat and then be like "ooooo the elf has taken no 24? How mischiefious of him" then have a hamper with a note like " i took the chocolate from 24 but left this gift outside your door!"

INeedThatForkOff Wed 21-Nov-12 10:04:01

That's it. I'll make a tiny envelope with a little letter inside, and a hat. Fab idea, thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now