Talk

Advanced search

any ideas for parents' presents???

(6 Posts)
nellieloula Tue 20-Nov-12 20:28:51

Evening. I am stuck! Done nearly all the present shopping (thank God for Amazon and Tiger!) but have absolutely no idea what to get our parents. We've done the hampers, wine, homemade presents, photos, theatre tickets, books, clothes etc in the past. Have completely run out of ideas or inspiration...my Dad is dreadful at just making piles of things to wear/read/listen to/watch but never gets round to it...so want to avoid adding to that pile....anyone got any bright ideas?? Thanks!

TellMeLater Tue 20-Nov-12 20:34:26

Thermals!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Tue 20-Nov-12 20:36:35

Voucher for tea at The Ritz.

Magazine subscription.

Plants for their garden.

FrostyTheShosheman Tue 20-Nov-12 20:45:23

Two years ago to Gleneagles for dinner, last year it was champagne tea and visit to Britannia, this year we have bought them two nights in a hotel

The IL's live in Scotland we are in Wiltshire, so the can use it to break the journey when they come to see us.

(Well if they bother, in 16 years they have been twice)

My Dad, who is 85 and very frail now, I have bought some audio books (eyesight going) and some foodie bits to try and tempt him to eat.

nellieloula Tue 20-Nov-12 22:16:07

all great suggestions - thank you. They are a fair bit away from us, so a hotel night would be a great idea. And the magazine subscription too. Thanks!

motherofluvlies Tue 20-Nov-12 23:11:10

Light dressing gowns suitable for hospital(m&s online)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now