Talk

Advanced search

Elf on Shelf - Hints/Tips/Ideas for the Novice Elfer

(5 Posts)
I8toys Tue 20-Nov-12 18:01:40

I've caved and bought Jingle Crackerbottom to add mischief to our countdown to Christmas.

Looked at previous threads and some great ideas/pictures on pinterest.

Jingle will arrive on 1st December bring advent calendars etc but....

- when does your elf get up to tricks
ie. through the night, when they are at school?

- if you pose them overnight- do they see the elf as soon as they wake up and then open their advent calendars?

How does it work??????

jennimoo Tue 20-Nov-12 18:58:55

I've made a cuddly type of elf so I'm not sure when she'll get up to mischief as DD will probably want to take her to bed!

My first time so I'm hoping for some good ideas on your thread!

pigleychez Tue 20-Nov-12 19:36:31

Our elf only has magic at night when he is able to fly back to Santa. He is found where he flew back to after the North pole.

The girls find him first thing. Advent calendars are opened after breakfast.

Theres no set way or set of rules as such. Your elf, your rules, your traditions smile

I8toys Tue 20-Nov-12 19:54:41

Thanks Pigleychez - answered my other query re when does he go back to North Pole and report to Santa. I've bought a tiny christmas door for him to travel back and forth to see Santa.

Think will leave it to just overnight and forget during schooltime!

izzyishavingababyAGAIN Tue 20-Nov-12 23:48:19

advent calendars are on the upstairs window sill so tend to be opened first then we see what mischief elves have been up to (unless it is the night for example they wallpaper up the DCs bedroom door so they cant get out)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now