Talk

Advanced search

ideas for presents for various children

(7 Posts)
Katienana Tue 20-Nov-12 17:27:26

Have to buy for DHs cousin's children...
Boy aged 12
Boy aged 8, nearly 9
Boy aged 7
Girl aged 5

In the past we have done vouchers for GAME for the older one for like £15-20, however funds are lower this year so I would like to get something cheap and cheerful. Its not like these gifts are going to make or break Christmas...(can you tell I would like to drop it altogether?!) I was thinking craft stuff for the girl - at least you know stuff like that will get used and it doesn't matter if they have something similar already. Any ideas welcome!

BeaWheesht Tue 20-Nov-12 17:32:21

Moshi monsters? You can get Tina of 10 for under £10 or packs of 5 for £5.

What about books? Asda have some great ones.

Argos have spy kits in the 2 for £15 section too.

You could get Hama beads for the girl? Or boy- ds loves them.

BeaWheesht Tue 20-Nov-12 17:32:37

Tin not Tina!!!

Moomoomie Tue 20-Nov-12 17:33:27

Are they all siblings? Could you get a family present? A game or voucher for cinema or ten pin bowling.

Katienana Tue 20-Nov-12 17:49:05

the younger two are siblings and the older two are half siblings. As the older one doesn't live there full time it doesn't seem fair to get him a shared gift.
I did think a DVD or blu-ray for the younger 2 might be good.
What age groups are into Moshi Monsters?
I wonder if the 12 year old might be ready for the Lynx gift set/footy socks combo my brother always used to get...I hate buying really generic things but it's hard when you only see people once a year.

insanityscratching Tue 20-Nov-12 17:53:42

Hexbugs for the middle boys, lots of craft stuff cheap in Home bargains for the girl, Top Gear Christmas book for the oldest boy from the Book People and big dairy milk would be my suggestion.

12 year old boy - a fiver or tenner and a big bar of chocolate
5 year old girl - a box full of hair slides and bobbles or, as you say, art stuff: but not art sets that require help; just good pencils and pens, big block of paper etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now