Talk

Advanced search

What to get nearly 9 year old dd.

(18 Posts)
Caerlaverock Mon 19-Nov-12 19:41:55

I am at a loss at what to get dd. she doesn't really want anything - apart from an ipad which I am deffo not getting, she has a ds and her godfather is giving her his old shuffle. She isn't particularly arty. Likes swimming cycling etc.

Help!

3b1g Mon 19-Nov-12 20:06:29

Our DD will be 8y5m by Christmas, we are getting her a Labyrinth-style board game called Enchanted Forest, some books and a Wii game (Animal Crossing).

KevinFoley Mon 19-Nov-12 20:50:54

Presume she has a good bike? What about some cycling gear (new helmet, leggings, jacket, etc?) or swimming costume and goggles? membership to a nice pool? maybe learn a new sport/activity?

handbagsatdawn Mon 19-Nov-12 20:55:06

itunes voucher so she can choose some music for her shuffle?

rhondajean Mon 19-Nov-12 20:57:03

What about a cheaper tablet? Kindle fire or similar? Or an iPod touch? Or are they too expensive, it's hard without knowing a rough budget sorry.

TimrousBeastie Mon 19-Nov-12 20:59:38

My dd is 9 the week before christmas and i'm struggling with present ideas. So far i've got her a bop it smash and will be adopting a snow leopard for her. The only other idea I've had is getting her a docking pad for her ipod touch (present from rather generous aunty).

Think its such a tricky age to buy for.

Caerlaverock Mon 19-Nov-12 21:06:46

Thanks everyone. Don't really want to go down the tablet route just yet. I think I just need reassurance that lots of wee stuff will be ok. New googles etc good ideas, I need to make a list. Will look at that board game as well as we are lacking in that area.

DoubleMum Mon 19-Nov-12 21:15:48

roller skates?

3b1g Mon 19-Nov-12 21:18:42

Yes, inline skates if she doesn't have some.

Adviceinscotland Mon 19-Nov-12 21:20:47

Stunt scooter?

Startail Mon 19-Nov-12 21:34:47

Animal crossing is called "watching paint dry" in this house.

It's really, really boring. Despite that my 11yo still enjoys it.

Personally, I only ones set on the island WI resort etc and sonic mario stuff.

Mine had an iPod touch at that age, helpfulhmm

bitsofmeworkjustfine Mon 19-Nov-12 21:36:14

a pogo stick... £20 from the Entertainer

3b1g Mon 19-Nov-12 21:38:35

Startail: I agree, but she has enjoyed playing with the Littlest Pet Shop one (which sends me to sleep) for nearly a year now!

Dancergirl Mon 19-Nov-12 21:47:36

Sylvanians? My nearly 10 year old is always tempted by more?

ELR Mon 19-Nov-12 21:47:49

My dd is 10 and a tom boy she is getting:
Adventure den kit, Ferby, glitter mirror ball, twister, pandora leather bracelet, skate board ramp, finger BMX, puffin post subscription, £10 starbucks voucher, hat scarf gloves, zombie making kit, little sewing kit in a tin, converse trainers, itunes voucher and her stocking.
These are all presents from family as well as me and DH

Dollydowser Mon 19-Nov-12 22:00:39

My dd is 8.5, she wants an iPod touch. Expensive but better than a load of things she doesn't really want. I feel your pain!

Caerlaverock Tue 20-Nov-12 07:58:35

She would LOVE an I touch but I found her looking for bare bums on you tube the other day so I think. I will wait a while

Marne Tue 20-Nov-12 08:16:12

Dd1 wants skylanders, books and furby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now