Talk

Advanced search

18 year old godson present

(7 Posts)
ivykaty44 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:36:55

I want to get him something interesting - he likes football but has all the stuff he needs, he likes boxing. Doesn't have a girl friend and he likes cooking - will even bake a cake without a recipe.

Any ideas before I resort to a voucher?

EuroShopperEnergyDrink Mon 19-Nov-12 17:57:26

Does he like a particular chef? You could get him a nice glossy cookbook and a tesco voucher for ingredients?

ivykaty44 Mon 19-Nov-12 18:21:35

No idea on the chef - but they like spices food - I am not sure about a cook book for an 18 year old? Would that be ok?

DorsetKnob Mon 19-Nov-12 18:22:43

what sort of budget have you in mind, could you get him a cookery class with someone?

ivykaty44 Mon 19-Nov-12 18:28:18

Up to 20 quid - so I think a cookery class would be out of my price range. I have juts been and had a look at the cookery books on amazon and was thinking chinese? Anyone recommend a good starter book? with a long list of ingrediants you can't get? smile

DorsetKnob Mon 19-Nov-12 19:00:50

You can't go wrong with Ken Hom but I love these books. Are you near a chinese supermarket that you could stock up on stuff. rice wine, fish sauce, dried chinese mushrooms spring to mind.

ivykaty44 Tue 20-Nov-12 20:10:04

Thanks dorset - I am really thinking that he would like a chinese cook book, I think our Sainsbury sell most of the chinese basics

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now