Talk

Advanced search

Toffee the pony

(6 Posts)
chocolateicecream Mon 19-Nov-12 17:07:05

My friend has just informed me that she has bought my Dd a Toffee the pony. My friend thinks that it is lovely but I think that it looks hideous (sorry if I offend anyone). I showed my Dd the Toffee advert on-line and she doesn't really like it, and TBH is probably a bit old for it. We are already inundated with soft toys and have just put a load of them in the loft.

It is such a lot of money and it seems a shame that she is going to get something that she doesn't really want. Do I just be polite, stop being so ungrateful and happily accept the gift, or do I say something to my friend.

PandaWatch Mon 19-Nov-12 17:26:17

I thought at first you meant the furreal pony (which I would have adored when I was little!) but a quick google reveals otherwise.

It's a bit evil looking - like a horror film toy!

It's such a tough one - if you said that to me I would appreciate it (and actually run all present ideas by parents before purchase as I know how fickle children can be) but I can imagine some people getting needlessly touchy and offended.

Is your friend the touchy type?

chocolateicecream Mon 19-Nov-12 17:33:41

Hi Panda, thanks for the response. My friend is a little sensitive. I am a bit concerned that my friend would perhaps not take offence that I didn't like her suggestion but that I had voiced my opinion. I like to run idea's by others too, so I don't waste my money, the person doesn't get something they already have, and so I know that the person will like the gift. I just feel bad for my dd, we are not able to go overboard this Xmas and I want her to be happy with her gifts.

EuroShopperEnergyDrink Mon 19-Nov-12 18:02:05

I'll admit- it's fucking creepy. But I wouldn't mention it to my friend. Grin, smile sweetly and say thank you- and get DD to do the same.

You never know, she may love it come Christmas day or in a few months when she's a bit older.

chocolateicecream Mon 19-Nov-12 18:38:08

I hope that it doesn't come to life and get us all in the middle of the night.

Allyblaster Tue 20-Nov-12 07:42:38

Have just seen the pony and rabbit on Zulily - see what you mean! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now