Talk

Advanced search

The best Christmas DVD for a 2.9yo?

(13 Posts)
JemimaPuddle Mon 19-Nov-12 14:47:24

I am planning on a Christmas Eve hamper this year with new pjs, book, reindeer food etc.
I'd like to include a DVD we can sit down to watch but I'm not sure which would be best. I've read a few synopses but they all seem to involve a child not believing in Santa which im not keen on.
Any recommendations? DD will be 2.9 and would probably prefer an animated one.

Thanks smile

KinkyDorito Mon 19-Nov-12 16:29:02

www.amazon.co.uk/Tweenies-The-Ultimate-Christmas-Collection/dp/B000I5X1DU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353342444&sr=8-2

I like this. I had it for DD when she was little on VHS, and had to buy it again for DS. It's always a hit. The Christmas Eve episode from Merry Tweenie Christmas is lovely.

Loulousmummy Mon 19-Nov-12 16:30:28

For that age i'd go for one with short episodes instead of a whole film. I've just bought a Curious George Christmas dvd from Aldi and I know dd will sit for a while and watch it. I've also bought Polar Express, new from a charity shop for a quid for me to watch when she's in bed when she's older.

DewDr0p Mon 19-Nov-12 16:31:18

The Snowman is lovely.

Clothilde Mon 19-Nov-12 17:02:40

It's not exactly Christmases, but the Gruffalo's Child might be nice, especially if she already knows the story.

MrsDimples Mon 19-Nov-12 17:07:24

The Curious George Xmas film is a hands down winner in this household. We even bought the music to go with it last Xmas . . . . "Are you ready for Christmas Day to come, Sing it with me, or if your a monkey hhhuummmm" grin

Next are the Mickey Mouse Xmas films, we have a triple pack with Magical summat, Once Upon & Twice Upon.

DD was 2.5 last Xmas, I would suggest watching which ever film before Xmas Eve though. DD takes a few watches before she really gets into the film and I think it adds to the build up Xmas.

FireOverBabylon Mon 19-Nov-12 17:12:51

DS was 2.4 last Christmas and had this postman pat DVD. He's having the Polar Express this year.

JemimaPuddle Mon 19-Nov-12 19:01:37

Thanks everyone!

Gruffalo's child is already a favourite smile

I think the idea of short episodes is good so will get the tweenies one & also curious George because she really loves curious George.

Thanks again

MrsDimples Mon 19-Nov-12 20:50:42

She'll LOVE the Curious George film then smile

lolalotta Mon 19-Nov-12 22:10:08

We have a Spot Christmas DVD my nearly 3 year old enjoys!!! I'm sure there are clips on You Tube so you can have a look to see what you think?

lolalotta Mon 19-Nov-12 22:11:05

PLUS we have a Pepper pig Xmas DVD, oh and she loves The Snowman too!

MrsBradleyJames Mon 19-Nov-12 22:24:08

Oh you must, must get the postman pat one that FireOverBabylon suggested, we have the Postman Pat Magic Christmas and it's just soooo lovely and sweet....DS loved this so much. awww! I feel nostalgic!
Your hamper idea sounds lovely btw!

ENormaSnob Tue 20-Nov-12 13:40:36

Ds2 is nearly 3.

We have the polar express, shrek the halls and the snowman.

Will be getting Arthur Christmas too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now