Talk

Advanced search

DSI XL : What have I done

(8 Posts)
wizzler Sun 18-Nov-12 21:45:58

DS has a DSI XL and loves it. Has asked for a 3DS and I have said "no" as I am not convinced about the risk of headaches etc.

DD is almost 6 and i have promised her a DSI XL in pink ..( to be same as DS....) and now I cant find one anywhere .... I really dont want to buy this 3DS thing... especially as I have already told DS he cant have one even if he pays for it himself.... but DD will be gutted.

Any advise... ( anyone know of a secret stash of DS XL anywhere?)

SweetMingePie Sun 18-Nov-12 21:47:46

Did they do a pink one? Try CEX, they sell second hand DS consoles and usually have most types.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 18-Nov-12 21:51:13

You can turn the 3D off-neither of mind use the 3D function but like the console as most of the new games are only available for the 3DS.

Bunnygotwhacked Sun 18-Nov-12 21:53:16

they do a pink dsi whats the point with xl never seen those? would just the dsi do?

oreocrumbs Sun 18-Nov-12 22:02:05

Ooh really vodka that's great news!

I really don't want to use a 3ds but as you say they are starting to make the games only available in 3ds format.

I didn't know you could turn the 3d off! Thats made my day (has been a fairly dull day but still grin )

Now I just have to get over my gripe about spending a fortune on a new console when I have a perfectly good one sat here in order to play new games!

JJWMummy Sun 18-Nov-12 22:02:47

ds2 has the 3ds, mainly for the reason stated above, you can't get new games for the dsi.

He has the 3d function completely turned off and under parental control, pin coded! in short, no chance he's going to turn it back on!

HTH

SissySparkles Sun 18-Nov-12 22:05:58

My 5 yo has a pink 3DS and like JJWMummy I turned off the 3D function in parental controls.

DD has no idea it can even do the 3D thing <shhhhhh>

wizzler Mon 19-Nov-12 12:05:22

Thanks everyone .... I love Mumsnet !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now