Talk

Advanced search

Dd would like to make sweets for her friends

(18 Posts)
OhYoubadbadKitten Sun 18-Nov-12 09:14:34

Which sweets can dd make for her friends for Christmas (she's 12)? And how far in advance can she make them? I guess she will have to practise first!
I've not really tried to make any myself other than peppermint creams. I think she is thinking of fudge type sweets, but is that going to be foolproof and look nice?

OhYoubadbadKitten Sun 18-Nov-12 12:21:38

Crikey,this slid down the board quickly!

Bunnygotwhacked Sun 18-Nov-12 12:55:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EunsSizVMLA
these look effective you could wrap the in cellophane with a bit of ribbon fox glaciers should work as well haven't tried them yet though.

Bunnygotwhacked Sun 18-Nov-12 12:56:15

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EunsSizVMLA
try that again

Bunnygotwhacked Sun 18-Nov-12 12:56:48

oh and you can use greaseproof rather than the spray

OhYoubadbadKitten Sun 18-Nov-12 13:00:31

They look fun!i think the effect would be different with foxes glaciers - jolly ranchers have a different texture when you bite on them - they stick your teeth together and it's impossible to unstick your teeth again!

Runningblue Sun 18-Nov-12 13:02:46

Delias chocolate truffles are lovely and you can freeze them. She suggests dark chocolate but good milk chocolate - aldi is nice!- would work fine too.

Runningblue Sun 18-Nov-12 13:03:18

Sorry - forgot link
www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/sweet/home-made-chocolate-truffles.html

OhYoubadbadKitten Sun 18-Nov-12 13:06:58

That looks nice! Could she use orange juice instead of rum/brandy do you reckon for chocolate orange truffles?

WholeLottaRosie Sun 18-Nov-12 13:57:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WholeLottaRosie Sun 18-Nov-12 13:59:56

Runningblue Sun 18-Nov-12 14:00:09

Definitely, perhaps add a bit of v finely grated orange rind too?

iMe Sun 18-Nov-12 14:02:40

What about coconut ice? I remember making it when I was about your DD's age. Loved the pink & White colour.
<nostalgic>

WholeLottaRosie Sun 18-Nov-12 14:03:35

OhYoubadbadKitten Sun 18-Nov-12 14:17:29

lovely ideas smile I can give dd a list and let her choose! coconut ice would make her very happy I think.

So now I need to find some cellophane bags for her so she can present them nicely.

insanityscratching Sun 18-Nov-12 16:57:46

She could make honeycomb here

FromEsme Sun 18-Nov-12 16:59:52

I roll these out for every occasion. Everyone always loves them, they are delicious.
Learnt to make them at school. Bashing the digestives is a laugh.

DumSpiroSpero Sun 18-Nov-12 22:48:56

Rocky Road - melted choc with chunks of digestive, raisins, marshmallows and walnuts stirred through.

Make in a deep tray and cut into chunks. Can drizzle with white choc and edible glitter or Christmas sprinkles to make it look a bit more festive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now