Talk

Advanced search

American cereal - where can I buy those little packs?

(9 Posts)
russiandolly Sat 17-Nov-12 20:23:41

My DS aged 5 is a little obsessed with Americana at the moment, after a recent hol there. I like to put a little box of cereal (he was most excited about the cereal there) into his stocking, but where can I buy it without it costing the earth?

If anyone has seen some, please let me know (any other ideas gratefully received)

Thank you!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 17-Nov-12 20:28:13

There's an American based sweet shop Sweets From Heaven in big shopping centres.

IIRC they have Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms
Or best bet, online. The P&P shouldn't be too much, cereals are so light.

exexpat Sat 17-Nov-12 20:29:19

You don't happen to be in the south-west, do you? I know of two places in Bristol and one in Bath that sell some of the big names in highly-processed, artificially coloured American foods - lucky charm cereals, Twinkies etc (I couldn't swear they have mini-boxes, but I think I've seen some). They are all actually sweet shops (pick'n'mix sort of places) with a sideline in imported foods. It could be a nationwide trend, so worth checking any sweet shops near you?

HyvaPaiva Sat 17-Nov-12 20:32:12

Lucky Charms at Harvey Nichols. They have other American foods too.

exexpat Sat 17-Nov-12 20:32:39

Ah - x-posted - sounds very similar, though the ones in Bristol aren't called Sweets from Heaven. I think one is Fizzy Lips, and the other is something like Lone Star.

TrollyDolly1 Sat 17-Nov-12 20:36:09

I go to America a lot, I could buy a multipack of cereal whilst I am there and post it to you if you would like? smile

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 17-Nov-12 20:41:29

Cybercandy do them and I think Amazon. You can get little pots of lucky charms all over now.

russiandolly Tue 20-Nov-12 14:26:37

Thank you all very much. I'm in the NW and have been told about an American sweetie shop nearby, which apparently sells cereal pots.

Trolleydolly - that's very kind of you but it looks like I'm sorted!

perceptionreality Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:39

Ocado sells Lucky Charms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now