Talk

Advanced search

Help please-sewing the actual Christmas stocking!

(8 Posts)
doglover Sat 17-Nov-12 19:12:43

My 13 year old dd has requested a new Christmas stocking - too mature for a sack now?! - and would like a "pretty" stocking. She is happy for me to either buy or make it. Has anyone seen any possible alternatives when they've been out and about shopping? Or online? Alternatively, are there any attractive patterns/ideas on t'internet ? I can manage basic machine sewing so as long as it's reasonably easy, I'll give it a go! TIA

RhinestoneCowgirl Sat 17-Nov-12 19:19:52

I've made patchwork Christmas stockings before now, you can get some lovely retro-style festive fabric from www.fabricrehab.co.uk or www.seamstar.co.uk.

I just made a cardboard template in a stocking shape and this was one I made last year. The cream fabric was the lining and folded over the top of the patchwork (prob not explaining that very well). Fabric in that one was just from Fabricland, so more trad than 'pretty'

doglover Sat 17-Nov-12 19:24:32

Clever, RSC!! I like your thinking! Many thanks.

doglover Sat 17-Nov-12 19:58:47

bump

sparklypenny Sat 17-Nov-12 20:01:06

I have seen pretty red felt ones today in BHS for about £5 and Card Factory for £2.99.

doglover Sat 17-Nov-12 20:10:07

Thanks, SP. I'm going shopping tomorrow so will take a look. I could always personalise it with some pretty buttons,ribbon etc.

Clothilde Sat 17-Nov-12 20:15:32

I was in Homesense today and they had some very nice stockings (duck egg blue with beads, taupe with lace, gold and cream) for just under eight pounds.

doglover Sat 17-Nov-12 21:53:10

Thanks, CLOTHILDE. I've looked at their website and their stuff is gorgeous! Unfortunately, I don't live near any of their shops and I don't appear to be able to order things online. Or am I being blonde?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now