Talk

Advanced search

What to get for 6 year old DS?

(5 Posts)
ornellaia Sat 17-Nov-12 13:44:24

I'm a bit stuck for a main present for DS. He will be just 6 at Christmas (December birthday) and says he doesn't know what he wants. DD has asked for a scooter but DS says he doesn't want one. He already has a bike (which he never rides), Nintendo DS (which he doesn't play with), virtually every Playmobil thing in existence and several tonnes of Lego. He's getting more Playmo for his birthday and some spiderman fighter figure things.

He likes knights & castles, dinosaurs, superheroes, books but isn't especially into sports. Any ideas?

NoHank Sat 17-Nov-12 14:26:58

My DS is 6. So far we have got him the imaginext castle (main present), a set of Beast Quest books, avengers DVD, skylanders annual and sticker book. My DM has bought him a remote control dinosaur and hulk figure.

We are also getting him the Lego Ideas book. The lego sets are getting more and more expensive and the book is full of ideas for building with normal lego. It is currently half price on Tesco - about £8.99 I think

ornellaia Sat 17-Nov-12 17:35:53

Will have to pop into Tesco for the Lego ideas book, he saw that in John Lewis and said he'd like it.

Is imaginext good then? I've just looked and seen that they do a Batman cave which I think he'd love. I might have to go for a look around Toys R Us at some point!

NoHank Sat 17-Nov-12 23:24:24

DS had the space shuttle set for a few years and loved it.

We bought him the bat cave for his b day recently. We like the imaginext toys. They are hard wearing and don't tend to have lots of fiddly bits that get lost!

feetheart Sat 17-Nov-12 23:29:43

Not quite the same but we are getting DS (just 7) a ukelele. Admittedly DD and DH have them and play a bit so he will have someone to show him what to do though DD and DH learnt from a book.
I will maintain my usual position of 'making encouraging noises' and smiling a lot smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now