Talk

Advanced search

5 year old DD's stocking - have to get everything online

(19 Posts)
thereistheball Sat 17-Nov-12 10:49:44

I need to get all DD's (aged 5) stocking presents online this year, within the next week. Are there any good sites that will sell me everything I need? What are you putting in your DD's stocking? I have got as far as a joke book. Please help!

Merrin Sat 17-Nov-12 10:58:44

I have used Tickseed with success. Amazon are not bad for lego/playmobil/moshi monsters in bags.

Dont forget a toothbrush, toothpaste and cereal bar to take up space.

SavoyCabbage Sat 17-Nov-12 11:02:36

Whistle
Bubbles
Hair clips
Chocolate money
Gloves
Schleich animal

cazza2878 Sat 17-Nov-12 13:38:08

Dotcomgiftshop is great for a variety of stocking fillers

thereistheball Sat 17-Nov-12 15:46:11

Thanks. I'll check these out. I also usually put some nice pants in to take up some room. this year I might do slippers too. Any other ideas?

Hawkins Bazaar have lots of stocking filler stuff

moajab Sat 17-Nov-12 15:51:57

I can second Tickseed and Amazon. Used Tickseed for the first time this year and have been so impressed with how good the quality is for so little money! Some lovely things for under £1!
Play.com is also very good and has free delivery.

OwedToAutumn Sat 17-Nov-12 16:11:31

It depends on what you want to put in there.

In the past we used to put a load of tat from the likes of Hawkins Bazaar, which goes the way of party bag crap.

But more recently, I have bought real presents to put in there. One year I bought a load from John Lewis on line. The items were lovely, and were all used, rather than being crushed underfoot within a month.

So, what about some small books, some Lego mini figures, a DS game (or the like) some costume jewellery, a whoopi cushion, some stickers, some biscuit cutters or silicone cake moulds, a DVD, a purse, some bubble bath (the department stores all do little bottles).

I know some of these are more expensive, but if they would get them anyway, it's just another way of them receiving the same present. In our family, we give the big things, and FC gives the stocking!

Merrin Sat 17-Nov-12 18:18:48

I try and get things I would not normally get, and from shops I wouldn't usually go to - so it has that different feel. If you don't normally have an interest in fossils or shells for example, or polished stones, then one or two of those would be good. A small purse with something mysterious inside or a very shiny pound coin. If you shop in Tesco buy from Asda or Waitrose. Balloons are good, as are little craft things to do in the morning.

thereistheball Sat 17-Nov-12 18:57:40

Owedtoautumn - last year I avoided the tat and was really pleased with her stocking. I hate presents that don't get used. DH thinks I'm joyless but then he got a unicycle for his 18th which, for me, is the ultimate example of the useless present (even he was disappointed). So I will look at John Lewis - any suggestions?

kikidee Sat 17-Nov-12 19:11:20

I was looking on the Paperchase website yesterday for some stationery for my 5 year old DD and they had lots of suitable stocking things. Christmas hair accessories and smelly pens for example. There's 20% off with red magazine too. I ordered on line from them a couple of years ago and was happy with their service. I've bought her the Cinderella DVD which might make its way into the stocking. I've also got a recorder from m&s but I will surely live to regret that!

waterbabyabroad Sat 17-Nov-12 19:19:35

Mine have always liked a good slinky....:-)

moodymary Sat 17-Nov-12 20:35:43

I've used Woolgars for the first time this year after someone else on here recommended it and got quite a bit for dds stocking - chalkboard, wooden teddy bear game, stickers, santa bouncy ball....a few other bits but can't remember what. Some of it is tat but different tat somehow........!

fruitcorner Sat 17-Nov-12 21:00:58

Some suggestions; harmonica, playmobil/Lego figure, schleich animal, some play food, bobbles and clips, sparkly tights, head torch, fluffy socks, magnifying glass

EugenesAxe Sat 17-Nov-12 21:20:04

For things I need within a week or few days I use John Lewis as you can get next day delivery to store (or Waitrose) using Click & Collect.

They have loads of things, obviously. Ideas... hair accessories, good book or books for early readers, pants, socks, sticker book, craft (Hama beads/ make your own jewellery), chocolate, small Playmobil/ Sylvanian set, hat/gloves/scarf, stickers, cookie cutter, shampoo or bath unction/ bath bomb.

My list is really sexist.

EugenesAxe Sat 17-Nov-12 21:24:21

I have cross posted with so many people it's untrue. Slinkys! My sis and I loved those. Lego keyrings are good. Top Trumps perhaps, or similar card based game.

bedmonster Sat 17-Nov-12 21:25:45

Paperchase, Blott, accessorize, lakeland (surprisingly I have some picked up some nice bits for DDs stockings from here), Cath Kidston, dotcom store.

thereistheball Mon 19-Nov-12 06:40:24

I love Paperchase. Will look there too. Thanks!

notactuallyme Mon 19-Nov-12 06:44:00

We always do a prefilled stocking and then add some decent things from their letters to santa. Amazon is good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now