Talk

Advanced search

I put forth a challenge

(16 Posts)
Bunnygotwhacked Fri 16-Nov-12 21:28:09

I have an awkward arse to buy for dp's hobby is online games that you don't need to pay for. He doesn't drink, does listen to music but there are still cd's I bought last year in cellophane the same with dvd's everythings online now we use spotify for music his ipod is somewhere in the house he isn't fussed about finding it so no point with itunes. In previous years he has had a guitar fiddled with once not seen since a bike which i resold 2 years later when it was cluttering up the hall way not having been ridden ever. Aforementioned lost ipod, asked for external hard drive not been touched. He doesn't really read what do i get him?

thehamburglar Fri 16-Nov-12 21:29:08

A candle?

YDdraigGoch Fri 16-Nov-12 21:30:56

Same problem here. Tickets to Oasis went down well a few years ago. What about something like that?

jetstar Fri 16-Nov-12 21:31:01

An experience.

BloominMarvellous Fri 16-Nov-12 21:31:31

Watching with interest!!

I can't get away with socks again!!!!

3b1g Fri 16-Nov-12 21:31:39

Some high-end headphones so he can play aforementioned games without the volume disturbing everyone else?

BloominMarvellous Fri 16-Nov-12 21:31:56

Oooh tickets!!! Good idea!

FarelyKnuts Fri 16-Nov-12 21:32:36

A voucher for an adventure type thing like a day in a race car, hot air balloon, flying type thing?

MeDented Fri 16-Nov-12 21:33:21

One of those gaming chair thingies so he can play his games in comfort?

MaryZezItsOnlyJustNovember Fri 16-Nov-12 21:36:13

Underpants, socks and a naice tie [helpful].

I dunno, but am watching with interest as I have three brothers, all of whom are disasters.

Bunnygotwhacked Fri 16-Nov-12 21:43:48

See if I got tickets to a gig then I would have to go as well causing baby sitting problems he is petrified of heights/can't drive we have no space for any more furniture it is looking like socks again he always seems so grateful for them bless him and he always gets me lovely stuff but i am the easiest person to buy for makes me feel rotten

mignonette Fri 16-Nov-12 21:48:57

He must eat and drink. Therefore you should put together a food hamper for him. That is what we got from my Father for years and we loved it.

And if he doesn't eat it......You can!

YDdraigGoch Fri 16-Nov-12 22:01:02

How old are your kids? We got family tickets for Cirque du Soleil last year, which got us out of having to buy each other a present.

Weekend away for the family.
Pork pie or other food of choice (my dp is always happy with pork pie!).
Nice undies for you and a promise that he can unwrap later! smile

Bunnygotwhacked Fri 16-Nov-12 23:11:16

ty for suggestions I am thinking a food hamper and socks might be the way to go

1978andallthat Sat 17-Nov-12 00:07:48

I was also thinking a nice hamper. Or a posh jumper. Or concert tickets. Or you wrapped up and ready to have a night of passion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now