Talk

Advanced search

Fancy Christmas Crackers?

(6 Posts)
MrsHoarder Fri 16-Nov-12 14:56:06

We're having Christmas Day at home, just 2 adults and baby. I don't know if Christmas Crackers like I want exist, but I want some which don't have "junk" in them. Toying with the £5.50 Hotel Chocolat ones, but they seem very steep (the other 2 they do are fairer, but I can't spend £38 on a cracker!!!).

Anyone found them anywhere else?

pateran Fri 16-Nov-12 15:06:40

Is it because of the gift or the look?

I ask because my issue is the gift - I want something nice and useful in mine. So in the last few years I've made my own. You can get a kit of ebay, amazon and I actually got this years kit in £1 shop. Then you can put what you want in it. Or you can buy some take them apart and change the gift. It shows a lot of thought DH and I have to get each others and we both get guests. 2 years ago I got take that tickets in mine, DS got a car that he'd aske santa for and forgotten about till it arrived.

MrsHoarder Fri 16-Nov-12 15:54:05

Mostly the gift. But I can't ask dh to fill a cracker for me, that way disappointment lies. I'd considered it.

girlywhirly Fri 16-Nov-12 16:08:10

John Lewis used to do a pack of 'fill your own' crackers, ready made but minus gift for you to choose your own. Haven't been to JL to look at their Christmas stuff yet this year.

Barbeasty Fri 16-Nov-12 19:19:24

John Lewis have a choice of 2 fill your own designs this year.

You could get something generic, so you could do them all. Previous years I've put a chocolate and a scratch card in. Occasionally we've made back what I spent on them!

I have got more personalised gifts this year, but I always do my own too so I get something I want.

Green and Blacks also do choc ones. Might be better value than Hotel Chocolat?

I saw them on the Lakeland Website Last Night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now