Talk

Advanced search

What to buy an 8 year old boy???

(12 Posts)
flossyfloo Fri 16-Nov-12 12:39:51

What can I buy for an 8 year old boy who I don't know (so have no idea about his interests etc) for around about £10 that will quite likely be getting no other presents this xmas?

Suggestions please...

flossyfloo Fri 16-Nov-12 12:54:19

Anyone?

legalalien Fri 16-Nov-12 13:03:24

Guinness book of world records. Suitable for both sporty and non sporty types....

Pinner35 Fri 16-Nov-12 13:06:48

How about a magic set? I CM a boy of this age and he has been hankering after one of these for ages!

www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=ridleys+magic+set&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=641814837451878862&sa=X&ei=PDqmUKj9H-aY1AWL64Aw&ved=0CFIQ8gIwAg

flossyfloo Fri 16-Nov-12 13:09:57

Ooh, quite like the idea of a magic set.

Not sure about the book seeing as though that would be his only present, thanks though. May buy one for my DD instead!

Keep the ideas coming!

BirdyArms Fri 16-Nov-12 13:10:11

My almost 8 year old loves this book of paper planes £3.99 from the book people. maybe by buying him 2 things he might be more likely to get something he loves?

I am buying him and his brother rubber band guns for Christmas. Boys that age are all nerf gun mad but the anmunition is expensive and gets lost so I think these will be a hit. Maybe a bit odd to buy a gun for a child you don't know though. Will try to think of other ideas.

Marne Fri 16-Nov-12 13:10:19

I have bought dd1 (tom boy) a addictaball from amazon, i think it was around £10 including postage.

Or maybe books, beast quest are popular with dd's friends (you can get box sets from book people)?

PandaNot Fri 16-Nov-12 13:11:09

Lego, can't go wrong with Lego.

Marne Fri 16-Nov-12 13:12:09

Also got dd a remote control spider which looks fun. Maybe a hama bead set (they do boys ones, pirates, cars ect..)?

flossyfloo Fri 16-Nov-12 14:57:30

Never heard of that Addictaball, will take a look later.

My initial thought was Lego but you don't exactly get much for £10 so not sure about it.

Thank you so far. Any more suggestions welcome.

pateran Fri 16-Nov-12 15:03:03

What about the Brain Box games?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Brain+box

It has great reviews on here and Amazon - I got DS 6 one and my friends daughter who is 8. It is less than a £10 and you could get some stationary to go with it.

PandaNot Fri 16-Nov-12 18:06:03

Actually, thinking more carefully about it, my 8 year old ds would love a box filled with 'creative stuff' - pipe cleaners, stickers, coloured paper, glue, googly eyes, lolly sticks etc. You could probably buy quite a lot of that kind of thing for £10!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now