Talk

Advanced search

Christmas gifts for teachers

(8 Posts)
butterfliesinmytummy Fri 16-Nov-12 12:05:23

I am class mum for dd2's nursery class (aged 3-4) There are 2 teaching assistants and 1 teacher and I have the results of a collection, about £70 each. I will buy gift vouchers but wanted something for the teachers that shows some thought and appreciation too. I was going to do a small stocking each with teacher essentials like whiteboard markers, hand sanitizer etc and sweet treats, but wondered if anyone had any better ideas?

quoteunquote Fri 16-Nov-12 20:13:14

Gin

Neeko Fri 16-Nov-12 20:57:01

Pens and nice stickers for marking or a personalised stamper from somewhere like superstickers???
Lovely of you to organise and put so much thought into it smile

Fresh01 Fri 16-Nov-12 22:31:51

We do the collection at my daughters school. You might want to check with a few of the parents that they are happy with the collection being split evenly. Due to a couple of families comments when we started it the main class teacher gets a bit more as overall they have the responsibility for the class and more prep/paperwork.

We have given vouchers with a candle or small bunch of fresh fliers.

We also give each of the children 3 small squares of paper (like the kind from a memo stack in poundland) for each to draw a picture or write something for each person. One mum then collates them and sticks them in the card that goes with the gift. The teachers have loved them.

sunnybobs Fri 16-Nov-12 22:37:00

Whiteboard markers we get provided but what a fab idea! I would love this- sweet treats, stickers & I love stamps with coloured inks personally. Hand sanitizer - yes! I go though loads & silly things like mini mints in tins or glittery pens to make marking more fun. I think it's a great idea & would love to get - best pressie I ever got was a box of choc fingers which had been promised for 5 years & jokingly appeared on the last day of Year 11 smile

butterfliesinmytummy Sat 17-Nov-12 08:16:36

Ok so have bought the stockings and so (following a trip to the japanese $2 shop, which has the cutest stuff!) they will contain:

Various colored pens, hi lighters etc
Flower shape paper punch
Small hand held electric fan (we live in a hot country and teachers are often on playground duty outside)
Cold pack - you punch it and the stuff inside freezes (ditto)
Small pack of tissues
Relaxing shower gel
Notepad
Sheets of stickers
$20 Starbucks card
Post its

I will find some hand santiser, candy canes etc and buy department store vouchers, maybe more for the teacher than the TAs although to be fair they are all full time and I did ask for $10 for each of them and had no objections so might just split it 3 ways.

Quite pleased!

butterfliesinmytummy Sat 17-Nov-12 08:18:15

fresh love the idea of the memo stack but not sure how to organize it .... Nearly all the kids in the class take the school bus so will have to give some thought how to get paper to mums and back again.....

Fresh01 Sun 18-Nov-12 08:37:55

Our class rep gave the teacher a sealed envelope for each kid with the 3 bits of paper inside and a note saying what to do then how to return them to again via sealed envelope in school bag. The teachers did pass the envelopes about but didn't know what they contained as it could have been another birthday invite which they distribute into bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now