Talk

Advanced search

Child's Stocking Contents ?

(10 Posts)
BeaLola Fri 16-Nov-12 09:27:10

There was a really good post I read about contents for a stocking so you had all areas covered , but now I can't find it . It was something like....

something to play with
something to eat
something to wear

& thats all I can remember !

BeaWheesht Fri 16-Nov-12 09:51:08

Thinks its

Something they want
Something they need
Something to wear
Something to read

girlywhirly Fri 16-Nov-12 10:07:19

Definitely add something to eat!

Sweets, chocolate novelties, mini biscuits like Cadbury's mini choc digestives, fingers, choc chip cookies, which you can get in multi small packets. Or pack of popcorn.

GoldenHandshake Fri 16-Nov-12 11:51:41

There are are a few items that we 'traditionally' put into DD's stocking, such as a net of chocolate coins, a new set of socks and a new set of underwear.

Other items I have put in this year are:
x2 small Playmobil sets
John Lewis mini chocolate gingerbread men
Colouring pens
Kaleidescope
A 'mini library' book set

Northernlurker Fri 16-Nov-12 11:56:28

I got big fluffy socks from Joules last year for all of my girls. That was quite a hit stocking present. Definately doing a sketch book and pencils for them all this year. Hair bobbles and little packets of pretty tissues are good for girls too. Yoyo? i've put mugs in before now.

VinoEsmeralda Fri 16-Nov-12 12:07:03

DD is getting a stocking with a jammie dodger cookie cutter, ingredients and little cookbook, socks, choc coins, satsuma and nuts

DS I'm not sure yet but also cooking related ( poss cupcake book and decorations) another same items

BiddyPop Fri 16-Nov-12 12:41:27

Something you want
Something you need
Something to eat
Something to read

zipzap Fri 16-Nov-12 14:56:54

mine typically get: (2x ds, 7&4 this year)
chocolate coins and satsuma at the bottom

New vest, pants, socks and t-shirt (all ready to wear on christmas day to lessen trauma of getting dressed rather than running straight downstairs)

new toothbrush and flannel. new comb (if yours are anything like mine and keep losing them). any other little bitty things that are quite boring but they need on a regular basis that you would buy for them anyway.

small packet of lego - the lego shop does a good one most years that is christmas themed, in a bag rather than a box and costs about £3. This year they had a good santa and sleigh, and a less good snowman and tree I think ( got the santa one so don't remember the other).

Maybe a small packet with a mini figure in - either lego, playmobil or similar, whatever they like.

toy car or two (or maybe a car and bike or plane etc) - depending on who has the best deals on hotwheel type cars.

card game - both my dc love these. either top trumps or flash cards or snap type cards with Cars or Mickey Mouse or Peppa Pig etc on. again, lots in the supermarkets and toy shops for a couple of pounds each at the moment.

small pack of crayons or felt tips and small colouring book or notebook - supermarkets do nice little sets of pens for less than a pound. poundland has good selection of colouring books and notebooks.

christmas issue of a nice comic with stickers in and plastic tat a toy on the front to give them something to do

If you suspect that there is likely to be time where you want them occupied in the morning before the main christmas presents are opened and/or before guests arrive etc - then a dvd so you can stick it on to keep them busy while you get on and make the lunch or whatever it is you need to do!

Anything else like that - think through christmas morning/afternoon and think if there is anything that you can stick in the stocking to make your life easier for the rest of the day grin

Also...
avoid anything that has any mess in a bedroom potential, especially if the recipients are likely to a) open them before you are awake or b) open them in your bedroom on your bed. Things like playdoh or scooby doo scream gel or even toothpaste or pearls of bubble bath.

thegreylady Fri 16-Nov-12 15:33:08

Something to eat
Something to read
Something to play with
Something to do
All topped with something to love :-)
I do a total 15 stockings each year and can fit this formula to anyone.

zipzap Fri 16-Nov-12 15:36:54

Oh yes, I knew I'd forgotten something.

It's usually topped off with a cute cuddly (or roaring dragon occasionally) - unwrapped and poking its head out of the top of the stocking, watching and waiting for its new owner to wake up and see it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now