Talk

Advanced search

Sending Christmas cards to neighbours you don't know yet - question

(10 Posts)
Kissingk1979 Fri 16-Nov-12 09:04:28

Just moved to new house
Have met some neighbours in passing but still not met others. Also can't remember some of their names (please excuse me if that sounds rude but I've just started a new job as well and met about 100 new people in the space of a couple of weeks).

Should I send Christmas cards to all the neighbours, just leaving the 'to' bit blank and just write "merry Christmas from your new neighbours J and K at number 5?"

Or is that rude to leave the 'to' bit blank?

Hoping they might send cards back with their names at house numbers so we can have a reminder of names!

hurricanewyn Fri 16-Nov-12 09:06:43

I had cards from our neighbours saying "to all at number 1" the year we'd moved in.

febel Fri 16-Nov-12 09:07:08

To all at number...... always works for and to us if you don't know the neighbours. If you get your xmas card from them first then use the names they sign the card with and vica versa. Is a nice show of neighbourliness I always feel to send cards.

AppleOgies Fri 16-Nov-12 09:07:14

When we first moved into our house I left it as late as possible to send them in the hope they'd send me one first to remind me of their names. When I was in doubt I wrote the house number and the envelope and inside the card wrote without their names so I would get them wrong.

baabaapinksheep Fri 16-Nov-12 09:07:33

How about putting 'to all at number 1' etc.

I would put "To all at No. 98, best wishes or whatever, your names (No 96)."

baabaapinksheep Fri 16-Nov-12 09:08:13

X post

AppleOgies Fri 16-Nov-12 09:08:23

Good grief that post barely makes sense, sorry. I think I need to make myself another coffee and wake myself up a bit.

MrsHoarder Fri 16-Nov-12 09:58:43

I'd put "To all at number 5" as well. And then put your names so they know.

beanandspud Fri 16-Nov-12 22:48:02

I'd put 'To all at Number 5' from 'Boris and Doris at Number 11'

Just remember to keep a note of the replies, it's very embarrassing three years later when you still can't remember anyone's name blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now