Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it too early to start discussing <whispers> the mince pie test?

(5 Posts)
Mingeathulu Thu 15-Nov-12 21:39:46

Dh and I have just started discussing how crap the Good Housekeeping verdict was last year - we seem to recall that they declared co-op to be the best, but they weren't. After much testing, which we honour-bound did ourselves, M & S were by far the best. However, we REALLY don't need to test ALL the pies ourselves, as I'm sure I might explode from being over-pied. Anyone fancy helping us out? :D Bagsy the M & S test. Although, thinking about it, it might get a bit complicated working out the comparisons. Anyone want to do a spreadsheet?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 15-Nov-12 21:44:11

I have in my pantry a box of Sainsburys Taste the Difference Mini Mince Pies.

The large ones have too much pastry to mincemeat.
I bought the Assorted ones last year (left it too late and this was all they had).The Ecclefechan Tarts (might not be the right name grin ) were lovely too.

<<Gavel>> Sainsbury TTD Mini Pies.

olibeansmummy Thu 15-Nov-12 22:14:34

We had big asda ones just this afternoon smile they were goooood as didn't taste of alcohol which I hate in food.

Mingeathulu Thu 15-Nov-12 22:25:06

So maybe we should have different categories? Boozy, and non-boozy? Normal size, mini and topless? grin

debdee Thu 15-Nov-12 23:19:17

DH picked up some Tesco value ones today, expected then to be rubbish but were actually quite good, loads of filling! Better than the Asda bakery ones we had a couple of weeks ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now