Talk

Advanced search

Is it too early to start discussing <whispers> the mince pie test?

(5 Posts)
Mingeathulu Thu 15-Nov-12 21:39:46

Dh and I have just started discussing how crap the Good Housekeeping verdict was last year - we seem to recall that they declared co-op to be the best, but they weren't. After much testing, which we honour-bound did ourselves, M & S were by far the best. However, we REALLY don't need to test ALL the pies ourselves, as I'm sure I might explode from being over-pied. Anyone fancy helping us out? :D Bagsy the M & S test. Although, thinking about it, it might get a bit complicated working out the comparisons. Anyone want to do a spreadsheet?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 15-Nov-12 21:44:11

I have in my pantry a box of Sainsburys Taste the Difference Mini Mince Pies.

The large ones have too much pastry to mincemeat.
I bought the Assorted ones last year (left it too late and this was all they had).The Ecclefechan Tarts (might not be the right name grin ) were lovely too.

<<Gavel>> Sainsbury TTD Mini Pies.

olibeansmummy Thu 15-Nov-12 22:14:34

We had big asda ones just this afternoon smile they were goooood as didn't taste of alcohol which I hate in food.

Mingeathulu Thu 15-Nov-12 22:25:06

So maybe we should have different categories? Boozy, and non-boozy? Normal size, mini and topless? grin

debdee Thu 15-Nov-12 23:19:17

DH picked up some Tesco value ones today, expected then to be rubbish but were actually quite good, loads of filling! Better than the Asda bakery ones we had a couple of weeks ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: