Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 11 year old daughter's Xmas presents please

(5 Posts)
Madmog Thu 15-Nov-12 14:40:34

Just wondering if anyone can give me inspiration on what to buy our daughter this Christmas. All she wants is books and earrings (which I know a few others are getting her). She still has her birthday money from August, so obviously isn't desperate for anything.

TheMummyBean Thu 15-Nov-12 15:25:38

I remember at that age one of the best things I got were tickets to see a show in London.

Sometimes an experience is better than gifts.

Or is she into any bands/music - I'm thinking 1D... sure they'll have lots of gifts aimed at her age?

Or, as a stocking filler, how about a donation the The African Children's Choir's Give up a Gift for Africa campaign?

A great way to teach kids the importance of giving whilst helping a charity raise much needed funds to educate more of Africa's most vulnerable children.

You can donate here www.justgiving.com/give-up-a-gift-for-africa

You get a link to a card to print off and put in her stocking, so she knows that she has given up something to help others less fortunate.

We do it with our DD.

Have a great Christmas!

elvisaintdead Thu 15-Nov-12 21:38:49

We got first mobile phone at that age, but depends if she already has one? ipod? (or if she has one itunes voucher)? Kindle? Clothes? Onesie? trampoline? scooter? roller skates?

desperateforaholiday Thu 15-Nov-12 22:01:16

We are either getting dd a camera and digital photo frame or a cheap tablet as well as slippers pj's umbrella, purse, and crafty bits, max budget is £175 and she is 11

cece Thu 15-Nov-12 22:04:08

My DD wants a Blackberry!

She has also asked for some furniture and families to go with her growing collection of Sylvanian stuff.

Other things she would like;

sewing kit
make up
clothes
art supplies
books
tickets for a band

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now