Talk

Advanced search

What shall I get my 9yo twin boys for xmas? - aargh!

(14 Posts)
baconsandwich Wed 14-Nov-12 23:31:32

I have no idea, THEY have no idea. They do like lego and am wondering about hobbitt stuff but TBH they have tonnes of the stuff already. Stumped.

JennerOSity Wed 14-Nov-12 23:32:45

Remote control cars? They could race them. Possibly not the most inspired...but its a start. smile

Pourquoimoi Wed 14-Nov-12 23:34:39

Skylanders giants are top of every 9yo's list round here.

5inthebed Wed 14-Nov-12 23:39:28

Was just going to suggest skylanders. I have a 9 year old boy and he has asked for that and a nerf gun.

baconsandwich Wed 14-Nov-12 23:39:45

skylander giants - wtf? am soooo out of touch [off to google]
ta very

charlieandlola Wed 14-Nov-12 23:54:22

Get them each a massive Nerf gun , wrap up loads of spare darts, and Bob is your Uncle. They can shoot each other till the darts run out.

Pourquoimoi Wed 14-Nov-12 23:56:25

Yes, mine also want more nerf guns!

Ummofumbridge Wed 14-Nov-12 23:56:53

I'm having the same trouble with a 9 year old girl. Except she knows what she wants; an iPad, iPod, iPhone... Seriously considering an iPad mini in the absence of any other idea although that's pretty much all she'll get as they're so expensive.
She's not into toys and too young for teenagery stuff.

I can think if a million things to get dd1 (14) and toddler dds though!

BettySuarez Wed 14-Nov-12 23:58:07

Hex Bugs?
Nerf Guns?

myBOYSareBONKERS Thu 15-Nov-12 07:23:12

Have a 9 year old boy:

So far have got:

Skylander giants plus some figures
tin biscuits
wheres wally book
lego figures
bubble wrap (he loves to pop it)
skull keyring and ornament
roald dahl books

Marne Thu 15-Nov-12 10:14:46

Another vote for skylanders giants (my 8 year old ss has asked for these, she's more into boys toys), also got her:

A light up globe
Addictaball
A remote control spider
Paper jamz guitar
Lots of books (Harry potter, Terry pratchet)
Skylanders calander

Marne Thu 15-Nov-12 10:15:58

She's also asked for a nurf gun (but wont be getting one) smile and she likes the look of the lego monsters castle.

racingheart Thu 15-Nov-12 13:20:17

My DC got remote control helicopters at that age. They were a huge hit. You need to make sure they work on different airbands (is that the technical term?) or they can accidentally take control of each others, which believe me, isn't fun. But they had hours and hours of play with them. I was amazed. And then all their friends came round and wanted a go.

Get the best you can afford. The little £14.99 ones are too flimsy and break as soon as they hit a wall, which they do.

Do they have skateboards yet?
Good quality walkie-talkie sets?
If they are into music yet they could have an i-pod shuffle with their favourite tunes downloaded and a voucher to choose some more.

baconsandwich Thu 15-Nov-12 17:30:57

Thanks all for those ideas - I too am avoiding the expensive techno stuff and they got shuffles last year. Itunes vouchers good idea - could be fun spending.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now