Talk

Advanced search

Debenhams disaster

(14 Posts)
schilke Wed 14-Nov-12 22:11:53

I ordered 5 advent calendars in the sale. They arrived today - all squashed. The 3 Lindt ones were sealed, but doors open at some of the windows. Dh's Montezuma one was open, but chocs stayed in place. My Thorntons extravaganza....chocs at bottom of the delivery bag and box totally squashed.

I want a refund. Have spent over 30 mins on phone waiting for customer services - costing me 5p a minute - then accidentally pressed finish button.

Is there any way I can contact them by email? I can't hang around hoping they will answer the phone at some point. I can't find email details anywhere.

I have only used them twice and both times have been crap so never again.

picturesinthefirelight Wed 14-Nov-12 22:13:39

Is there not a returns note on the invoice that was sent with them?

picturesinthefirelight Wed 14-Nov-12 22:14:12

Usually a number to phone to arrange collection or a postage paid sticker.

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 14-Nov-12 22:15:39

Would this be of any use?

Jojay Wed 14-Nov-12 22:17:53

Just return them ,and write a comment explaining why in the comments box, assuming there is one.

schilke Wed 14-Nov-12 22:20:57

I have found an online form for email. TheWoolyBacksWife - that page just kept directing me to a phone number.

I have to ring the same bloody number to arrange a collection! I don't seem to have a sticker with a direct number for courier.

zipzap Wed 14-Nov-12 22:31:11

try twitter: @Debenhams

It's not going to look good on their twitter feed if you're complaining about advent calendars that arrive in such bad condition - might get someone to contact you and be pro-active!

nappydaysagain Thu 15-Nov-12 07:52:05

My sister once ordered a glass vase from them. It arrived in 1000 pieces as it had just been put in one of their delivery bags, no box or even bubble wrap!

schilke Thu 15-Nov-12 11:11:29

Nappydaysagain - I am flabbergasted!! I can't begin to imagine how anyone could think that would be ok!

hotflusheskeepmewarm Thu 15-Nov-12 12:15:38

Just to add I've also had problems with items arriving completely bashed around and damaged from Debenhams. And after I rang customer services and got through to someone they resent me the wrong item, so I had to send a second item back confused. Then I had to pay again to get the original item resent - which has finally arrived in OK condition. Still not got refunds for my two returns either.

Their delivery and customer services are a mess.

Tuftysquirrel Thu 15-Nov-12 15:15:15

I've ordered a few times from Debenhams in the past and always found delivery to be very quick and accurate. My luck ran out this time, unfortunately. The expensive item of clothing arrived within two days last week. The small stocking filler from the same order has still not arrived and, on tracking the order, was surprised to see it marked 'return in progress'! Surely I would have had to have seen said item to return it?? Have emailed as phoning would cost more than the item itself - really wish I hadn't added it on at the last minute as lots of stress for a small thing. Hermes delivered the big package, which I believe is a bad sign?

Tuftysquirrel Thu 15-Nov-12 17:01:19

Quick update, have had a quick reply from customers services (just over an hour) to say that the item was damaged in transit and has been refunded to my card. Have emailed back to say thanks but ask whether they could send another one as I used the 20% off code on the original order. Awaiting developments but quick reply, as the holding email said they would reply within three days!

schilke Thu 15-Nov-12 17:11:42

I've had no reply to my email. Can I ask you which address you used? Did you fill in an online form?

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Thu 15-Nov-12 17:19:26

have you tried Saynoto0870.com for Debenhams phone numbers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now