Talk

Advanced search

What decorations could I make with a couple of hundred strips of different coloured paper a metre long?

(10 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 17:48:14

That's it really.

Any ideas?

oreocrumbs Wed 14-Nov-12 18:50:15

Lots and lots and lots of paper chains grin.

Or you could papier mache (sp?) some things. I think papier mache is what I'm on about. Where you tear strips of paper up and layer it on with pva glue. It dries hard and shiney. You could make baubles for the tree (inflate a balloon a little bit, cover it in paer and glue and when dry pop the balloon with a pin).

Or buy blanks from a craft shop and cover them.

Did I mention paper chains?

FromGirders Wed 14-Nov-12 18:52:10

There's a way of folding.strips of paper I.to.five-pointed stars. Don't know what.it is, but I'm sure it'll be on the net somewhere!

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 19:16:15

Oooh - I'll try and find it. The strips aren't actually that long by themselves. My ds has cut up lots of pages of A4 and then joined them together with glue, staples or selotape depending on his mood.

MeDented Wed 14-Nov-12 19:18:11

Silly question - can I ask why he did that?

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 14-Nov-12 20:51:55

Dunno. All the strips are covered in numbers. He has autism. I was collecting some of them up to put them in the bin (he's currently making about 10 a day) and then stopped and thought 'you know what.........'.

trumpton Wed 14-Nov-12 23:39:11

Paper stars here I have made these with my God daughter and they are lovely .

MeDented Thu 15-Nov-12 11:48:27

lol starlight -sorry just realised I had actually misread that and thought it was your DH that had made them. I think they'll make lovely stars if he'll let you use them!

neverquitesure Thu 15-Nov-12 13:11:02

The paper ornaments from this page, you'll have to scroll down a bit to find them. They are number '5'

Adorable paper hearts here

Your DS sounds brilliant. My (non autistic) DB used to do things like this. He would know if you'd moved or removed anything though and would be most displeased!

Rhienne Thu 15-Nov-12 19:26:00

Make these: www.craftideas.info/html/german_star_instructions.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now